Associated Press Published 10:38 AM EDT Sep 12, 2019 The U.S. government’s road safety agency is investigating complaints that the automatic emergency braking on the Nissan Rogue can turn on for no apparent reason. The probe covers about 554,000 Rogue small SUVs from the 2017 and 2018 model years. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says 843 owners have complained to the agency and to Nissan about the problem. Owners reported 14 crashes and five injuries. The agency says Nissan has issued a technical service bulletin and two customer service actions related to the problem. It will try to find a cause and determine how often the false braking happens, and could seek a recall. More on freep.com: Recall expansion: Ram truck tailgates might open when they aren’t supposed to Ford recalls F-150, Explorer, Expedition for seats may detach in crash The investigation was opened in response to a March 21, 2019, petition from the Center for Auto Safety, a nonprofit group that represents consumers. A message was left Thursday morning seeking comment from a Nissan spokeswoman. Nissan has said in the past that it has notified all customers of a software update that improves performance of the automated braking… Read full this story
- 2019 Nissan Rogue S AWD Just $219/Month Including NY Tax!
- 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport S For Just $234/Month Including NY Tax!
- Nissan announces recall of 540,000 vehicles with potentially faulty break pedals and fuel gauges
- 2015 Nissan Rogue SV is a jack of all trades, but master of none
- Nissan's Rogue crossover: Sturdy, affordable and lots of fun
- Confirmed: 2015 Is The Last Year Of The Nissan Xterra
- America's Most Delightfully Absurd Rally Car Is This Nissan Juke
- See if You Can Figure Out the Bizarre and Baffling Problem I Had With My Nissan Pao
- Recalls won't totally fix gas pedal issues: Toyota's U.S. president James Lentz
- What a Lifelong Z Mechanic Thinks of Nissan Today
Nissan Rogue recall possible for emergency brakes have 316 words, post on eu.freep.com at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.