Mark Hicks The Detroit News Published 5:40 PM EDT Sep 13, 2019 A Harper Woods man has been charged with physically abusing a 3-year-old boy in his care, officials announced Friday. The child had been rushed to an area hospital Sept. 3 after becoming nonresponsive at a home in the 20700 block of Hunt Club, police said in a statement. Medical personnel told officers the boy, who underwent surgery, “sustained significant trauma to his head consistent with child abuse,” according to the release. Detectives launched an investigation, which led to the arrest of Christopher Solomon Williams. The former Las Vegas resident was the live-in boyfriend of the victim’s mother and had been caring for the child while she ran errands, police reported. The boy has been recovering at a hospital, where he was listed in stable condition. Williams was arraigned Friday in 32-A District Court on first-degree child abuse charges. If convicted, he faces up to life in prison, authorities said. Judge Daniel Palmer set bond at $150,000. A preliminary examination is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Oct. 2.
- Biracial man charged with fatally shooting White teen was acting in self-defense, attorney says
- Hyderabad teacher gets 10-year rigorous imprisonment for sexually abusing class 4 boy
- NCW seeks immediate action against man for hurling abuses, giving rape threats to stand-up comedian online
- Mexican American man charged with hate crime in fatal crash
- Auckland shooting: Man charged with murdering Clifford Umuhiri named
- New Zealand judge allows images of man charged in Christchurch mosque shootings
- Man charged for attacking cancer patient who refused to share cigarettes
- Judge: Man charged in 2018 murders to act as own attorney
- Wilfried Zaha demands 'action' on racist abuse as arrested boy, 12, is released under investigation
- Chicago Man Charged with First-Degree Murder in Killing of Toddler
Man charged with physically abusing Harper Woods boy, 3 have 292 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.