Keith Laing The Detroit News Published 4:17 PM EDT Sep 13, 2019 Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in Michigan will soon have their own credit union. A new institution slated to open in early 2020 called Superbia Credit Union has been approved to operate a “virtual credit union” in Michigan by the state’s Department of Insurance and Financial Services. The group’s founder said there are no plans initially for physical locations, but he expressed confidence the new institution would have enough resources to consider the possibility of opening physical locations down the line if it chooses to do so. The new credit union’s founder said it a LGBTQ-focused credit union is necessary to “improve economic equality in the community by removing the risk of intolerance and discrimination. “It is currently legal in (36) states to use gender identity and sexual orientation when considering a decision at a financial institution,” Miles Meyers, founder and CEO of Superbia Services Inc. and the new Superbia Credit Union, said in an email. Meyers declined to reveal how many employees he is planning to have in Michigan, saying “our plans are holistic and don’t detail an employee by location.” Asked how many members the new credit union is hoping to target, Meyers said: “As… Read full this story
- Why choose a credit union over a bank for an auto loan?
- Many Changes For ValleyStar Credit Union 300
- Puryear Nabs Pole For ValleyStar Credit Union 300
- Credit Union CEO Allegedly Embezzled $6 Million, Blew Over Half On Lotto Tickets
- Why dealers should keep credit unions close
- MidFlorida Credit Union adds South Tampa to its family of branches
- How credit unions can boost dealerships' profit
- Arrest made in Auburn Hills credit union robbery
- Man arrested in Livonia credit union robbery
- CU Direct's credit union network leads in auto loan originations
LGBTQ-focused credit union heading to Michigan have 306 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.