By Marc A. Thiessen | The Washington PostSeptember 20, 2019 at 12:04 am WASHINGTON — The latest smear on Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh is a disaster for Democrats, and everyone seems to know it except the party’s presidential candidates. No sooner had The New York Times published a new, unsubstantiated allegation of sexual misconduct by Kavanaugh then most of the candidates demanded Kavanaugh’s impeachment. “These newest revelations are disturbing,” Sen. Elizabeth Warren, wrote on Twitter, adding “Like the man who appointed him, Kavanaugh should be impeached.” Sen. Kamala Harris, (D-Calif.), declared Kavanaugh’s “place on the Court is an insult to the pursuit of truth and justice. He must be impeached.” Sen. Bernie Sanders, (I-Vt.); South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg; former Obama Housing Secretary Julián Castro and former congressman Beto O’Rourke joined in with impeachment calls of their own. Even former Vice President Joe Biden demanded Congress open an investigation and “follow the evidence to wherever it leads.” That was considered the restrained response in the Democratic field. Never mind that the supposed victim has told friends she has no recollection of the alleged incident; facts have never stood in the Democrats’ way when it comes to Kavanaugh before…. Read full this story
- Endorsed CT Dem. candidates discuss plans for the state
- Dem candidates for governor to debate in Tampa Bay next week
- California Primary Election: 'Bad Democrat' Ads Show 2018 Is Getting Very Ugly for Dems
- Missouri says it won't pay Greitens' private impeachment attorneys
- Trump Is a Russian Ambassador and Should Be Impeached, 'House of Cards' Creator Says
- Nigeria's parliament threatens to impeach Buhari
- Democrats Hope To Avoid Knocking Party Candidates Out Of Contention In California
- When is the Lewisham East by-election, who are the candidates and when will the result be announced?
- Tennessee Democrat Calls Republican Candidates 'Racist, Homophobic, Unethical' in Facebook Post
- PML-N fields candidates against Nisar
Impeaching Kavanaugh would hurt Dem candidates have 315 words, post on www.bostonherald.com at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.