Southlake, TX — Two champions of the Le Mans 24 Hours — Davy Jones and Geoff Brabham — have filed entries for the Sportscar Vintage Racing Association’s (SVRA) Sept. 21 Vintage Race of Champions (VROC) Charity Pro-Am presented by Chopard Watch at Virginia International Raceway. The race is part of SVRA’s Sept. 19-22 Heacock Classic Gold Cup. SVRA announced Tuesday that Jones and Brabham had entered. The Charity Pro-Am is the deciding round of the VROC series and both legendary drivers feel they have unfinished business. Jones is the points leader in the chase for the B Production championship and Brabham looked like a sure winner last month at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway round of the series before mechanical maladies with his A Production Corvette dashed his chances. Get the full weekend race schedule. Brabham — who began racing Formula Fords in Australia in 1973 and won the 1975 Australian Formula 2 championship and the 1979 Formula Super Vee championship — was the star driver of the dominant Nissan team that won four successive IMSA GTP championships from 1988 through 1991. During that time, he scored 27 overall victories while also winning the 1993 24 Hours of Le Mans, the 1989 and 1991… Read full this story
- Man Utd eyeing third in Champions League race as Solskjaer hails Matic
- How tech alumni plan to raise 21,000 crore to fight COVID-19
- Have You Played... Race For The Galaxy?
- Champions League, Relegation picture: What’s going on?
- Race for Champions League spots intensifies in England
- The Latest: Canucks say Vancouver out of NHL hub city race
- A winning night in Indiana for Kyle Larson Racing and its namesake
- Liverpool win the Premier League: What must Man City do to regain the title in 2020-21?
- NASCAR bans Confederate flag from its races and properties
- Football calendar: Fixtures, dates for Premier League, EFL, Champions League, Europa League, Euro 2020
Former Champions Planning To Race in Sept. 21 SVRA VROC have 304 words, post on www.vintagemotorsport.com at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.