Eric Tucker Associated Press Published 2:11 PM EDT Sep 13, 2019 Washington – Former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden has written a memoir, telling his life story in detail for the first time and explaining why he chose to risk his freedom to become perhaps the most famous whistleblower of all time. Snowden, who now lives in Russia to avoid arrest under the U.S. Espionage Act, says his six years working for the NSA and CIA led him to conclude the U.S. intelligence community “hacked the Constitution” and put everyone’s liberty at risk and that he had no choice but to turn to journalists to reveal it to the world. “I realized that I was crazy to have imagined that the Supreme Court, or Congress, or President Obama, seeking to distance his administration from President George W. Bush’s, would ever hold the IC legally responsible – for anything,” he writes. The book, “Permanent Record,” is scheduled to be released Tuesday. It offers by far the most expansive and personal account of how Snowden came to reveal secret details about the government’s mass collection of Americans’ emails, phone calls and Internet activity in the name of national security. His decision… Read full this story
- Life story: Renowned New Zealand cricketer Shirley Cowles
- Privacy puts Edward Snowden centre stage at the Donmar
- Can Edward Snowden cite human rights and still applaud Putin?
- Edward Snowden requests a three-year extension of Russian residency
- Edward Snowden Files Docs to Extend Residence Permit in Russia for Three Years
- Star Mike Nesmith Reveals All on Drugs, a Near-Crippling Illness, and Jack Nicholson 'Bromance' in New Memoir
- Clive Davis Comes Out in New Memoir
- Val Kilmer opens up in interview, new memoir after bout with throat cancer
- Caitlyn Jenner May Consider a Male Companion, But Doesn't 'Have the Appetite’ for Sex, She Reveals in New Memoir
- I Don’t Know How to Tell This Story
Edward Snowden tells life story, why he leaked in new memoir have 322 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.