LAS VEGAS – Austin Hill was not going to be denied Friday night at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The Hattori Racing Enterprises driver gave up track position to bolt on four new tires during a late pit stop, then proceeded to drive back through the field to win the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series World of Westgate 200. A caution period on lap 81 for the expired engine in Tyler Dippel’s truck brought most of the field down pit road, but Hill’s No. 16 Toyota was not one of those to hit the pits. When Hill’s team saw the rest of the field pit, they realized they may have made a mistake. It was at that point the team made the decision to pit the next time back around the track. While most of the field that pitted on the previous lap just took fuel, Hill’s team instead chose to pit for four tires in addition to fuel. That decision proved to be the race winning call. Restarting 17th on lap 87, Hill began storming through the field. By the 108th lap Hill was in third and one lap later he moved into second and began to track down race-long… Read full this story
- Tyler Reddick wins Xfinity race at Las Vegas on fuel-mileage gamble
- ‘Jeopardy!’ champ Holzhauer to receive key to Las Vegas
- Ladies Day in Las Vegas: Brittany Force, Enders among NHRA winners
- Revealed: how bet365 profits from Chinese punters who risk jail for gambling online
- Deontay Wilder rolls the dice in Las Vegas fight with Ortiz
- Austin Dillon wins pole for NASCAR Cup Series race
- Steve Wynn: Nevada regulators can’t pull gambling license
- Mr Chow restaurant opens in Las Vegas: 'The only thing Chinese is my name'
- Results, points standings after Xfinity race at Las Vegas
- Steam warns users against gambling site after YouTube stars discovered as owners
Austin Hill Gambles On Four Tires, Wins In Vegas have 315 words, post on speedsport.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.