OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER said he is not worried.
Well I would be. In fact, I don’t understand how he wouldn’t be
He can come in and protect his players all he likes, but the fact is, he didn’t get a shift out of his players yesterday and that’s an understatement.
The Manchester United fans are not daft — their team were so bad at the London Stadium it was unbelievable.
At times West Ham must have thought, is that it, is that all you’re offering? There was nothing.
I criticised Watford for a lack of effort at Manchester City 24 hours earlier (more on that later) and United weren’t quite on that level . . . but boy, they were bad.
No one wanted to close down, have a scrap, have a fight in midfield.
That is not acceptable for anyone in professional football, let alone Manchester United.
They were poor all over the pitch in the first half, and there was no reaction after half-time. No punch, no spark, no creativity — that has to be a worry.
Ole took a huge gamble in not replacing Romelu Lukaku when he went to Inter Milan.
It’s a massive ask relying on Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and young Mason Greenwood. And yesterday with Martial injured, they had nothing up front. No threat, at all.
They have spent £145million on three players who all played — but there is clearly a far bigger issue.
There was no creativity from midfield. Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Juan Mata, Dan James and Andreas Pereira. There was nothing in there.
There were not enough bodies forward and getting in the box.
They’ve got one or two injuries to big players like Paul Pogba and Martial but they are miles away.
You look at the benches. This is Manchester United and we are seeing Jesse Lingard, Angel Gomes and Fred trying to rescue things for them. All respect to those players but they didn’t change anything.
I never felt at any stage that United were going to get anything from the game. West Ham deserved to win, no question.
United have a great away support and you even saw one or two of them creeping out before the end.
You wouldn’t blame them after that.
They’ve got to stick with Ole, they cannot just keep getting rid of managers. But there needs to be some changes on the player recruitment side.
They’ve spent a fortune over the past few years but they have to keep spending and identify the right players to spend on, if that was anything to go by.
While it was a bad day for United it was back to business for their neighbours City.
And if Sergio Aguero had been on his game it would have been 12 or 13-0 against Watford instead of JUST eight.
There are two ways to look at this. First how brilliant City were, to bounce back like that from the Norwich defeat, winning 3-0 in midweek at Shakhtar then this.
But from a Watford point of view it was embarrassing, pathetic. They should refund their fans for the trip at the very least.
You’ve got a manager in his second game, and, with what happened against Arsenal last week coming from 2-0 down to draw 2-2, you would’ve thought they fancied having a go at City.
What you’ve got to do is give yourself a chance. Be organised, work hard and be committed. They weren’t any of those. They didn’t want to run, didn’t care, didn’t want to try.
When you look at the lack of effort to close down, it was like they accepted they were going to get smashed.
MAN UTD NEWS
Man Utd news LIVE – Latest updates from Old Trafford
MARC MY WORDS
Rashford shares letter he wrote aged 11 revealing desire to play for Man Utd
Van Nistelrooy made Ronaldo cry in row after dad’s death, ex-Utd star Saha claims
MOLDE BOYS’ CLUB
Solskjaer sends his most trusted scout to watch Haaland as he prepares bid
Fans beg Solskjaer NOT to sign ‘overrated’ Sancho as ‘electric’ James is better
HAA LA LAND
Manchester United ‘favourites’ to sign teen sensation Haaland in January
Keane once brawled with Schmeichel in a hotel – leaving Fergie fuming
Rashford is Southgate’s favourite based on caps handed out by England boss
Mario Mandzukic ‘set to start training with Man Utd ahead of January transfer’
TECH IT AWAY
How VAR has changed table as City benefit while Arsenal and United take hit
City can make anyone look foolish but they shouldn’t outwork you.
Especially when they are five or six up, they shouldn’t be showing more desire than you to get seven or eight.
It was as impressive for City as it was embarrassing for Watford. That was from minute one to 90.
- Man Utd news: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer axing ONE player proved his transfer plans - Ferdinand
- Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer explains why he’s happy with drab AZ Alkmaar draw
- Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer explains why he’s happy with AZ Alkmaar draw
- Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer addresses team issue in new tailored training sessions
- How Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can make Marcus Rashford better in front of goal
- Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could sign his own Memphis Depay during transfer window
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals his first thought after taking over at Man Utd
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals amazing homework done under Man Utd legend Sir Alex Ferguson
- Man Utd fans demand Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is sacked after disappointing AZ Alkmaar draw
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer repeats Arsenal complaint after Man Utd draw with AZ Alkmaar
- Jason Cundy predicts when Man Utd will sack Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer perseveres with Man Utd decision despite poor start to the season
- Man Utd chief Ed Woodward has a reason to sack Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer defended with Man Utd ex-manager claim after AZ Alkmaar draw
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer happy with Manchester United’s draw against AZ Alkmaar
- Man Utd chief Ed Woodward may sack Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to fulfil his ultimate dream
- Charlie Nicholas explains how Newcastle can 'shock' Man Utd due to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Man Utd coach Kieran McKenna made key change to improve one Ole Gunnar Solskjaer player
Alan Shearer: Man Utd must keep faith with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer but they are unbelievably bad have 1088 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 26, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.