Now in India is the 2019 Honda Activa 125 BSVI scooter, coming in three model variants and with pricing starting from 67,490 Indian rupees (RM3,932). Complying to India’s Bharat Stage VI emissions standards, the equivalent to Euro 6, the Activa 125 comes with a host of features new to the India market, but well known to riders in ASEAN.
Amongst these are Honda’s Idling Stop System (ISS), the ACG starter which performs double duty as a quiet starter and alternator, Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) which improves engine efficiency through optimised combustion and minimising engine internal friction. Carrying a 124.9 cc which is now fed by Honda’s PGM-Fi, Honda says the Activa 125 BSVI is 10% more fuel efficient than the previous generation Activa with carburettor.
No power figures were mentioned, but we would hazard a guess at about 9 hp and 11 Nm of torque for a scooter in this class and the claimed improvement in fuel efficiency with the use of PGM-Fi is not unreasonable. Transmission is via CVT and belt, as is the norm and a new feature for the India scooter market is the side stand indicator with starter safety cut out.
The new instrument panel is a combination digital/analogue unit, with the digital portion being a small monochrome LCD panel that now displays real-time fuel consumption, fuel gauge, range to empty and mileage. LED lighting is used for the head light and turn signal while the rear light is redesigned for a sleeker look.
Baking uses Honda’s Combi-Brake System (CBS) which equalises braking force between front disc and rear drum brakes with the rear suspension having a three-step adjustment. Inside the cockpit a front glove box can be used to store miscellaneous items while an 18-litre storage space is found under the seat.
There are three variants to the 2019 Honda Activa 125 BSVI – Standard at 67,490 Indian Rupees (RM3,932), Alloy at 70,990 Indian Rupees (RM4,134) and Deluxe is priced at 74,490 Indian Rupees (RM4,338). No information was supplied regarding trim levels but available colour options are Rebel Red Metallic, Midnight Blue Metallic, Heavy Grey Metallic and Pearl Precious White.
- A star is born: 2019 Mercedes-Benz A-Class launched
- SpaceX 2019 Schedule: Falcon 9 Rocket Launch Date, Other Details Revealed
- Samsung to launch India-first smartphones to counter Chinese rivals
- WhatsApp launches India tip line to curb fake news during polls
- 2019 Honda Insight to be revealed as prototype in Detroit next month
- Quinton de Kock Powers South Africa To Dominating Victory Against India As T20I Series Ends Level
- India to launch first manned space mission by 2022
- At least 125 killed as dust storms batter India
- India joins space race
- West Indies vs India: Vijay Shankar Trolled For Dismal Batting Show At No. 4