Take the specs of the RS6 Avant and wrap the sportback body style around. You get the 2020 Audi RS 7 Sportback.
Debuting at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show, the 2020 Audi RS 7 Sportback shares only the hood, roof, front doors, and tailgate with the tamer A7. The rest is spanking-new fare and you got to love the way this one oozes of aggression. It’s a gorgeous car.
Gloss black honeycomb dominates the front fascia which has the angry look further dialed up by enormous triangular air vents. On the sides, the shoulder line is lower than the A7’s and the door sills have RS written all over them, though not literally. The rear receives a sporty spoiler, diffuser, and an RS-spec exhaust. The last one sounds as good as it looks.
In the front, under that hood rests a twin-turbocharged, hybridized 4.0-liter V8 which has a habit of releasing 591 horses and 590 lb-ft of torque when taunted. Easily most powerful of its kind, the RS 7 Sportback along with the RS 6 Avant will launch a two-pronged attack on the rivals in the segment of big, spacious, and fast four-door cars with space for all the luggage.
A standard adaptive air suspension lowers the car at speeds and a lift mode raises it when you are worried about scraping the nose and underbody at parking lots. An optional RS Sport suspension and Dynamic Ride Control is on the menu, which improves the RS 7 Sportback’s handling and road manners.
21-inch wheels come standard. But you can opt for the 22-inch RS rims and light RS carbon-ceramic brakes for better braking. Top speed is limited to 155 mph and Audi will be glad to apply the Dynamic and Dynamic Plus packages to increase that number to 174 mph and 189 mph respectively.
No word is out yet on the prices. Audi may be planning to tell those numbers once the launch date in 2020 draws close.
- Auto slowdown hits but motor vehicle act saves general insurers
- Fake News Alert: No, Rs 2000 currency notes are not being discontinued
- History of Audi Motor Company
- 2019 NFL trade tracker: Latest deals and rumors before the deadline
- At Rs 91,916 crore, Sept GST collections hit a rock bottom, lowest in 19 months
- Audi A6 - Car Parts and Services
- John Lewis reveals 'modest' Brits are turning their backs on sexy outfits and lavish displays of wealth in favour of comfort and understated style
- BMW and Audi - Top German Luxury Car Makers
- Rise in women applicants for JEE-Main 2020 January exams
- Congress poll pledge: Rs 72,000 a year for the poorest