The forecast for Tropical Storm Dorian contains a higher degree of uncertainty than usual, the National Weather Service said today. The storm, which could strengthen to become a hurricane, is expected to dump heavy rain on parts of Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic, with flash flooding during the next few days. But its interaction with those and other islands in the Caribbean mean its intensity later in the week will be difficult to predict.
The storm is expected to hit Puerto Rico on Wednesday night and continue moving northwest. Per the New York Times, Puerto Rico officials have declared a state of emergency. After the devastation left behind by hurricanes Irma and Maria in 2017, another major storm is exactly what the island doesn’t need. Florida may also be in the storm’s crosshairs: If current models hold up, Dorian could hit the west-central coast of the Sunshine State by early Sunday morning.
If you’re looking to track Dorian’s path, I’ve rounded up some good resources below for real-time updates and infographics:
- What causes hurricanes, what is the strongest category and when is the Atlantic hurricane season?
- Weathering the Storm: Expert Advice for When Disaster Strikes
- "Threat becomes a reality": Hurricane Florence's onslaught begins
- After Dorian takes a turn, central Florida city breathes sigh of relief
- Tornadoes hit Carolinas as Hurricane Dorian floods Charleston; 200K without power
- Some 8,000 National Guard troops in 4 states ready for Hurricane Dorian relief efforts
- Hurricane Dorian is the strongest storm to ever threaten Florida's East Coast, batters Bahamas
- Hurricane Dorian Could Bring Life-Threatening Inundation To U.S.
- Live Updates: National Weather Service Says Texas Storm Is "Beyond Anything Experienced"
- Live Updates: At Least 43 People Have Died In Hurricane Florence — And More Flooding Is Expected
- Hurricane Florence spurs surge for emergency apps from GasBuddy to Zello
- Here's what the hurricane categories mean
- The National Weather Service Warns Hurricane Florence Will Likely Be "The Storm Of A Lifetime"
- These Maps Show Where Florence’s Storm Surge May Hit Hardest
- Research showing female-named storms seen as less threatening 'worth considering'
- Denver snow forecast: Timing, totals and uncertainty with this weekend’s storm
- Boris Johnson storms home: Exit poll shows Tories WINNING crucial election as voters hand PM a majority to 'get Brexit done' - with Labour's 'red wall' of Leave-leaning strongholds crumbling
- Trump Defends His Hurricane Warning: Media Didn’t Give Full Statement
Tropical Storm Dorian: 4 ways to track the potential hurricane have 387 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at August 27, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.