Tim Booth Associated Press
Published 5:58 PM EDT Aug 13, 2019
Seattle — The Seattle Sounders are adding Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and wife Ciara, hip-hop artist Macklemore and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella to the MLS club’s ownership group.
Other investors are also coming aboard while current majority owner Adrian Hanauer is increasing his investment stake in the club. Hollywood producer Joe Roth, who helped bring the MLS to Seattle, is leaving the franchise.
Wilson has been attempting to get into sports ownership. He was previously a partner in an effort to build a new basketball arena in Seattle and has also been part of the project in Portland, Oregon, to build a baseball stadium in the hopes of luring an MLB team to the city.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Confirms He Wanted Team to Sign Antonio Brown
- Ciara and Russell Wilson's Kids Will Have You Stepping Up Your Halloween Game
- Did Seahawks pass on Kaepernick because they're worried about Russell Wilson?
- Buy Low Alert: Jacoby Brissett is Projected to Be the #11 QB the Rest of the 2019 Season...Behind Russell Wilson and Ahead of Baker Mayfield
- 2019 NFL MVP Watch: Russell Wilson unanimously overtakes both Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson
- 2019 NFL MVP Race: Lamar Jackson unable to dent Russell Wilson's lead, Patrick Mahomes makes his return
- 2019 NFL MVP Watch: Lamar Jackson on the verge of usurping Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers makes his entrance
- Russell Wilson Buys Mom House For Mother's Day, 'I'm Going To Pee Myself!'
- Russell Westbrook has mixed feelings after losing in Rockets debut
- Janelle Monae Talks Enlisting Brian Wilson for ‘Dirty Computer’ Album