Walworth, WI — After achieving a 34% increase in total sales over 2017’s results at last year’s Dallas auction, Mecum Auctions will return to the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in the Big D for this year’s Sept. 4-7 event.
In 2018, the company reached $30 million in overall sales totals as 839 collector cars hammered sold for a 73% sell-through rate. Heading the top 10 was a 2017 Ford GT wearing Serial No. 77 that sold for $1.32 million. It was followed a Bloomington Gold Certified and NCRS Top Flight-winning 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 at $440,000.
Peruse this year’s entire Dallas docket that includes what we’ll be watching closely:
- A JFK treasure — a U.S. flag — hits the auction block
- ‘We’re glad to have him’: Missouri GOP on Billy Long auctioneering away protester
- It's time to get Dave Eggers tickets, and the Hay Festival brings Latin American authors to Dallas this week
- Former Dallas officer indicted in black man’s death
- Ex-Dallas officer to stand trial for shooting neighbor
- Dallas police fire officer who killed Botham Jean in his apartment
- Cowboys-Vikings Preview
- Cowboys vs. Chargers Preview: ‘Boys try to end their December malaise against the surging Bolts
- Preview: Cowboys host San Diego
- Chargers-Cowboys Preview