Associated Press Published 8:13 AM EDT Aug 23, 2019 New York – Hasbro is going whole hog on Peppa Pig. The maker of Monopoly and GI Joe will pay about $4 billion to buy Entertainment One Ltd., a British entertainment company that produces “Peppa Pig,” “PJ Masks” and other animated shows for preschoolers. “Peppa Pig,” which stars a pink cartoon pig with a British accent, airs worldwide and is translated into over 40 languages. Shares in Entertainment One jumped 30% in London on Friday. Hasbro Inc., based in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, says the deal will help it turn more of its toy brands into shows or movies. Many of its brands, including My Little Pony and Transformers, already appear in TV shows and movies. The deal is expected to close before the end of the year.
- Panthers players had ‘great’ talk with new owner about anthem issue
- Bellator 206: UK fight fans outraged with 6am OFCOM cut-off on Channel 5 as Peppa Pig airs over main event
- MMA fans stay up all night to watch main event, get ‘Peppa Pig’ instead
- Devel Sixty is Made for Your Inner GI Joe
- 'We won't sell Lotus' says new owner
- New owners still struggling to secure rights to use Saab name
- Marussia production car hopes dead, F1 team gets new owners
- Liverpool Reportedly Confident over New Long-Term Joe Gomez Contract
- David Tepper approved as Panthers' new owner, answers question about possible relocation
- Sheffield United Guest Column: Five considerations for any new owner of the Blades
Peppa Pig to get new owner: GI Joe maker Hasbro have 246 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at August 23, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.