Hyundai plans to continue selling the Grand i10 alongside the Grand i10 Nios, but its focus will shift the positioning from premium to economy for the old model now. So, it will soon stop offering the former with a diesel engine and a petrol-CNG engine.
The Hyundai Grand i10’s diesel engine is the 1.2-litre U2 CRDi three-cylinder unit that produces 75 PS and 19.4 kg.m (190.25 Nm) of torque. This BS-IV engine will be upgraded to BS-VI, but with the higher costs involved, it will make sense only for the newer, more expensive model. The 1.2L Kappa Dual VTVT petrol bi-fuel engine develops 81.6 PS and 11.2 kg.m (109.83 Nm) of torque running on petrol and 66.3 PS and 9.99 kg.m (97.97 Nm) of torque running on CNG.
The old model will be stripped of a few equipment lines as well. While it’s currently available in Era, Magna, Sportz and Asta grades, after before the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios’ launch, the range will be revised to include only three equipment lines: Magna, Sportz and Sportz Dual Tone. The 4-speed automatic transmission will also be removed from the options.
Basically, customers requiring advanced equipment, a more comfortable drive and a high fuel economy/driving range will have no choice but to shell out more and go for the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios instead of the Hyundai Grand i10. It goes without saying that this was expected from the beginning.
A few months down the line, the old Hyundai Grand i10 will receive the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios’ BS-VI 1.2L Kappa four-cylinder petrol engine that is reportedly tuned to deliver 81 BHP and 114 Nm of torque.
The Hyundai Grand i10 Nios will be launched in India on 20 August 2019. It can be pre-ordered now for a token amount of INR 11,000 either at a local dealership or on the company’s website. The deliveries are expected to begin later this month.
[Source – Autocar India]
- Ohio makes grants available for diesel engine replacements
- East Grand Forks prepares to study ice arena options
- Old bridge's fans lose high court appeal
- EPA delays stricter standards for new lobster boat engines
- Worldwide Automotive Engine Market Overview & Outlook to 2024
- 2020 Ram 1500 diesel price revealed, beats Chevy and Ford
- Grand Canyon: Choose your own adventure
- Hyundai Rolls Out The World's First 'Made In India' Venue
- Diesel Chevy Silverado 1500 pickup takes mpg crown
- Lawsuit says GM sold trucks not compatible with U.S. diesel fuel