If you enjoy the excitement and variety that Mecum Auctions is known for, get ready for something unprecedented. All hands are on deck, as they are planning to sell 600 cars in 3 days. Located at the Hyatt Regency Monterey, this impressive display will grace the lawns of the Del Monte Golf Course. In a press release earlier today, we’ve learned that Dana Mecum and his wife Patti are offering their 1954/59 Ferrari 0432M.
It wears a body by Scaglietti, so keep an eye on Lot F113. Also from their collection is a 1952 Allard J2 Roadster that was driven to victory lane by Carroll Shelby. Thus being the inspiration for the Shelby Cobra.
Other notable lots include 11 cars from Hot Rod icon Blackie Gejeian. They include several winners of the “America’s Most Beautiful Roadster” award. “The Emperor” was a George Barris build for Chuck Kirkorian, and the 1927 Dick Williams Roadster will fetch a small fortune.
The first production 2005 Ford GT will battle against a LaFerrari for top honors, and the final 1953 Corvette (#300 of 300 built) will cause a bidding frenzy. Expect to see a1935 Auburn Boattail Speedster, 1937 Cord 812 Supercharged, and a pair of 1947 Delahayes. Be sure to tune in to their YouTube channel to follow the action, and stay with us for all your Mecum updates. Here are the top sellers from last year to give you a preview:
- 6 can't-miss collector car shows, auctions for 2017 in metro Phoenix
- 10 highlights at Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction
- Russo and Steele's intimate collector-car auctions target true auto aficionados
- 7 collector-car events in metro Phoenix this month
- Camaros, pickups are among 'reliable' collector cars
- Auction offers ticket to 1867 baseball convention that banned teams with black players
- Road Rage Victim's Family Offers Prized Classic Car as Reward for Tips
- Woman offers sex for car inspection in Red Lion, cops say
- GM offers free rental cars to Chevy Volt owners amid fire probe
- Own the King's Cadillac! Classic car once owned by Elvis up for auction