There’s nothing quite like a good fearmongering op-ed to get the blood boiling. Unfortunately for everyone, the Wall Street Journal published a whopper yesterday about transportation, homelessness, and urban policy that got my blood circulating faster than normal. Not because I am terrified of the cabal of leftist agitators coming for my…zoning codes?…but because it is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard or read on urban issues, an impressive feat considering I have attended a lot of New York City community board meetings. The article in question, titled “‘New Left Urbanists’ Want to Remake Your City,” was penned by Chris Rufo, a contributing editor at City Journal, a publication of the right-libertarian Manhattan Institute, and former candidate for the Seattle City Council. Rufo’s contention is that these “New Left Urbanists” are secretly taking over local governments to re-shape cities to fit their priorities which include, among other things, public transportation, government-subsidized housing, and bike lanes. All of which he says are hopelessly out of step with John Q. Homeowner. Right off the bat, I feel compelled to note that I had never heard the phrase “New Left Urbanists” before, even though I’m fairly certain Rufo would qualify… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Now Only Trusts His Children After Damning Anonymous NYT Op-ed Says He's Amoral: Report
- OLEG DERIPASKA OP-ED: The Ever-Changing ‘Russia Narrative’ Is False Public Manipulation
- 'I'm an immigrant and I'm breaking up with America': French woman pens scathing op-ed explaining why she'll 'never belong or feel safe' in the US despite becoming a naturalized citizen, blaming Trump's 'hurtful policies' and the 'absurd' healthcare system
- Former assistant to Harvey Weinstein details alleged sexual assault in op-ed: "He liked Chinese girls"
- Moustis' Actual Salary is Double What He Claims: Gallagher Op-Ed
- 'I want my voice back': Gretchen Carlson calls on Fox News to release her from her NDA forbidding her from discussing sexual harassment by Roger Ailes in New York Times op-ed
- Rand Paul Suggests Donald Trump Use Lie Detector Tests to Find Anonymous Op-Ed Author
- IL Atty Gen to Solve Mystery of Missing Moustis Money: Op-Ed
- What — and When — to Eat to Build Muscle (Op-Ed)
- Wildfire Prevention Costs Far Less Than Fires (Op-Ed)
I Never Knew An Op-Ed Could Be So Stupid have 378 words, post on jalopnik.com at August 23, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.