By Howie Carr | [email protected] | Boston HeraldPUBLISHED: August 21, 2019 at 6:33 pm | UPDATED: August 21, 2019 at 7:01 pm It used to be that it was criminals who were bribing cops to look the other way as they ran their racketeering enterprises. Now, if you believe what the feds said in Wednesday’s criminal complaint about the state troopers’ union, it’s the cops who have been paying for protection to loot, plunder and steal. At the press conference announcing the indictment of Dana Pullman, the blubbery ex-boss of the State Police Association of Massachusetts (SPAM), an FBI agent said: “As president of SPAM, we believe Pullman wielded the union like a criminal enterprise, running it like an old-school mob boss.” Speaking of old-school mob bosses, Whitey Bulger used to say, referring to payoffs, “Christmas is for cops and kids.” Now it’s for cops, kids — and pols. This is just the latest scandal to roil Gov. Baker’s pet police force. Consider the ongoing embezzlement scandal that’s led to at least eight felony convictions of state cops, with 38 more bent cops implicated — such a serious scandal that the MSP abruptly destroyed all the pre-2016 payroll records before… Read full this story
- Watch Bruce Willis Kill Some Bad Guys In The New ‘Death Wish’ Trailer
- Bhad Bhabie calls Billie Eilish out for ghosting her as Bad Guy artist celebrates a year since debut album: 'I guess that’s what happens when b****es get famous'
- Billie Eilish & Finneas Perform 'Bad Guy' at iHeart Living Room Concert for America
- The biggest bad guy at WrestleMania is coronavirus
- Jeb Bush Says Obama Isn’t a Bad Guy, Impersonates Trump on Colbert’s
- Alan Carr's hit the classic game show Jackpot! From Bullseye to Play Your Cards Right, the comedian on why rebooting five much-loved shows for a nostalgic new series is just what we all need
- The great HPV vaccine cop out: Health chiefs say costs are too high to extend life-saving jabs to boys as well as girls but doctors say that is a cheap excuse
- In rural America, cops are delivering groceries to vulnerable residents
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS hospital in London is 'about to run out of two essential anaesthetic drugs' for intensive care patients amid the coronavirus crisis
- Excuses to cross sealed borders put cops in a fix
Howie Carr: Wait, now the cops are the bad guys? have 392 words, post on www.bostonherald.com at August 21, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.