We first met John Arrendale at the F-100 Reunion in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. In fact, he was just getting acquainted with his freshly completed F-1 race truck. John had been working closely with Allen Mason of Mason’s Hot Rods in Spartanburg, South Carolina, for the last two years. Mason’s is a family owned and operated business since 1979 with some unique vehicles to their credit. They’ve built custom rides for movies such as Days of Thunder, The Fast and The Furious, Dukes of Hazzard, and Talladega Nights, along with many high-end custom vehicles for clients. You dream it, they build it. John’s dream was building a high-performance F-1 Ford and in his search for the right builder, a mutual friend recommended Mason’s for the job. The goal was simple. John smiles when he says, “I simply wanted to go fast!” John is a unique customer, part of a family owned poultry business in Georgia that includes a fleet of more than a thousand trucks! He confesses that his need for speed began as a young man in his Georgia mountain home. As a new driver, he recalls careening around twisty mountain roads that were as dangerous as they were exhilarating…. Read full this story
- 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor officially rated at 450 hp, 510 lb-ft
- 2017 Ford Raptor leaked info shows 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque
- 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor for Baja 1000 is basically stock
- 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor orders have begun, most popular configuration is...
- 2019 Ford Focus Live From Beijing
- Ford Super Duty Tremor Offers Integrated 12,000-Pound Winch
- Ex-SEMA Ford E-350 Custom 4x4 Pickup Up For Grabs
- Ford expands Hai Duong facility
- Exclusive: Huawei partner offered embargoed HP gear to Iran
- Ford sales on overdrive in 2019
Forget Your Raptor: This Ford F-1 Custom Truck Has 1,000 HP! have 292 words, post on www.motortrend.com at August 7, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.