Britain’s Prince Andrew — who allegedly earned his rhyming nickname, Randy Andy, for his energetic bedroom calisthenics — is in a royal pickle.
A friend of the late convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, Prince Andrew has long been accused of taking sexual liberties with Virginia Roberts (now Giuffre), 35, the American woman who claims she once served as a “sex slave” of Epstein’s.
Starting at age 15, she alleges, she was forced to service Epstein’s rich and powerful pals, including Andrew. The prince has always denied the allegations, and Buckingham Palace has repeatedly called them “categorically untrue.”
Before Epstein was indicted on federal sex trafficking charges, which he escaped through his apparent suicide in a federal jail in Manhattan, he kept a list of contact information for people he knew or wanted to know.
Now, as US investigators attempt to piece together — and bring to justice — Epstein’s predatory network, they will be looking closely at his associates. Some of those people must be shaking — including, perhaps, Prince Andrew.
His handlers insist the prince never had sexual relations with that woman or any underage girl. In a show of support, the Queen and other members of the royal family attended church with him near Balmoral Castle last Sunday, the day after Epstein’s death.
Four years ago, things looked even bleaker.
In 2015, in a document filed by Giuffre’s lawyers in an American court, Andy was asked to testify after Giuffre laid out her allegations of princely abuse in a defamation suit against Epstein’s former girlfriend and alleged pimp, Ghislane Maxwell. In it, she claimed she participated in three alleged assignations with Andrew, including an orgy on Epstein’s private Caribbean island when she was 18, stocked with several girls she said appeared to be underage.
But the palace rejected the claims, and Andy never testified. Nor has he said a word publicly about the sexual allegations since giving one, pathetic statement in Davos that year.
“Firstly, I think I must, [and] want, for the record, to refer to the events that have taken place in the last few weeks, and I just wish to reiterate and to reaffirm the statements which have already been made on my behalf by Buckingham Palace,” the prince declared in perfect gibberish to a room filled with business leaders and reporters. “My focus is on my work, and this evening’s reception allows me to tell you about just a couple of the initiatives I have founded,” he said.
A journalist who evidently missed the memo warning mere mortals not to address the passionate prince directly, proceeded to step up and ask him to reiterate and reaffirm his verbal nonsense in plain English.
“Will you be making a statement under oath?” she asked. Andrew marched out of the room, stone-faced, without answering.
He never explained his relationship to Epstein. He never revealed the kind of important “work’” about which he is so passionate.
And he never said what the heck he was doing posing for a photograph, a middle-age man with his hands on a then-17-year-old girl’s bare midriff.
The palace, incidentally, rejected Giuffre’s mailed request to have him testify. He may have to speak up now.
Tales of Andrew’s alleged sexual villainy resurfaced again Friday, mere hours before Epstein’s death, with the release of some 2,000 pages of documents from the defamation suit Giuffre brought against Maxwell, who has not been charged with a crime. (The case was settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.)
Included were detailed allegations, never before made public, of the young woman’s alleged princely trysts, plus deposition testimony by another young woman who alleged that Andrew groped her breast while sitting on a couch in Epstein’s New York City townhouse, in 2001 when she was 21.
Suddenly, Andrew’s elite immunity appears to be vanishing in the post-#MeToo era. Several British lawmakers are demanding that the royal be investigated for his ties to Epstein. On this side of the Atlantic, a furious Attorney General William Barr said, without naming names, “Any co-conspirators [of Epstein’s] should not rest easy.”
He might be targeting Maxwell. But Randy Andy shouldn’t rest easily. All the blue blood coursing through his veins might not protect him.
- Prince Andrew tries to put a brave face in it as he marks the liberation of Bruges in his first public appearance since dozens of his appointments were cancelled over his friendship with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein
- Prince Andrew 'was an abuser'
- EXCLUSIVE: Jeffrey Epstein has been laid to rest in unmarked tomb besides his parents at a Jewish mausoleum in Florida that was arranged by his brother, who raged it's 'nobody's f**king business' to know where the pedophile had been buried
- Jeffrey Epstein's associates Ghislaine Maxwell and Jean-Luc Brunel 'are BOTH traced to upmarket resort on the Brazilian riviera', according to ex-cop
- Bill Gates Praised Pedophile Jeffrey Epstein’s Lifestyle: ‘Kind of Intriguing’
- A Relationship With Jeffrey Epstein That Bill Gates Now 'Regrets'
- Queen's £100m a year windfall: Green energy earnings of the Royal Family are set to be boosted by an auction for the biggest offshore windpower development in the world
- Duchess dazzles in traditional kurta! Kate Middleton dons royal blue outfit from local designer as she and Prince William visit Islamabad school during the first full day of their Pakistan tour
- Does Prince Charles 'shoulder barge' Princess Diana in startling unearthed footage?
- Epstein's 'inner circle' traced to Brazil
- Epstein accuser labels Prince Andrew 'an abuser'
- Where did Princess Margaret get £20m and how about the Queen mother's £70m legacy? In his controversial new book, MP Norman Baker examines the family's finances as he accuses the Windsors of Right Royal Robbery
- Now Marketing/Advertising people are either trying to kill us or worry us to death!
- Man in court over city centre stab death
- Competing with Camelot: Trove of Lee Radziwill’s most cherished items hit the auction block, revealing intimate secrets of the legendary socialite who bedded JFK and the bitter rivalry with her sister Jacqueline Kennedy that lasted until death
- The Queen might be admired, but the crown has seldom seemed so empty
- Khashoggi murder 'happened under my watch'
- Revealed: Reason Diana was devastated by Pakistan saga as William and Kate tour starts
Epstein’s death puts ‘Randy Prince Andy’ in a royal pickle have 1056 words, post on nypost.com at August 14, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.