CBS and Viacom have announced an agreement to reunite, forming a company they hope will be big enough to tackle the behemoths of the media landscape.The combined company will include a film studio, Paramount Pictures, as well as the CBS network, cable channels such as MTV and Comedy Central and a host of digital platforms.The all-stock deal will see Viacom shares convert to .59625 of CBS shares. CBS’ market capitalization is about 50 percent larger than Viacom. Bob Bakish, Viacom’s current president and chief executive, will assume the role at the combined firm. Joe Ianniello, who had been president and acting chief executive at CBS, will now be chairman and chief executive of the company’s CBS division.The two firms had been united until 2006, when Sumner Redstone, who controlled both, decided to split them.”Today marks an important day for CBS and Viacom, as we unite our complementary assets and capabilities and become one of only a few companies with the breadth and depth of content and reach to shape the future of our industry,” Bakish said.Shari Redstone, the vice chair of both companies who had been pushing for the reunion, noted that she thought the combined unit “can realize the… Read full this story
- CBS, Viacom Strike Deal to Recombine
- CBS All Access launches kids’ programming, soon to include Nickelodeon shows
- CBS ordered to disclose internal records on Viacom deal
- CBS All Access to Add Nickelodeon Children's Programming
- Viacom And CBS Announce Expected Closing Date Of Merger
- Netflix says it will NOT join Apple's TV streaming service as CEO speaks out ahead of highly-anticipated unveiling event next week
- Netflix Looks To Come Up Short In Exec Poaching Battle With Fox; 2020 Trial Likely Off The Calendar
- Every way to watch movies and shows offline: Netflix, YouTube, HBO Go, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, Hulu
- Apple TV Plus to take on Netflix at $5 a month. Will people pay for it?
- Netflix Sets November 1 Theatrical Bow For Martin Scorsese-Directed ‘The Irishman:’ 27-Day U.S. & UK Rollout Comes Before Pic Streams For Thanksgiving Holiday
CBS Viacom reunite, hoping to take on Disney and Netflix have 335 words, post on www.cleveland.com at August 13, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.