The number of failed asylum seekers who should be deported from the United Kingdom has near doubled in five years, and new refugees are arriving into the country every week with 28 individuals known to have landed in Kent overnight.
There are now 39,932 individuals who are "subject to removal action" — otherwise known as failed asylum seekers who should be deported — in the United Kingdom, a figure which has grown from little over 20,000 in 2014. The large number of individuals remain in the country despite having no right to do so, and the government being theoretically obliged to encourage them to leave, or to deport them.
Britain Incapable of Ending Free Movement Migration After Brexit, Experts Say https://t.co/HFY9syt0Wz
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) August 26, 2019
The rise in those subject to deportation in the United Kingdom may be down in part to the fact that fewer individuals are now being deported. British newspaper The Times reports deportations have fallen 42 per cent in the past four years, with a 27 per cent drop of removals from 4,819 to 3,471 in the past 12 months alone.
Overnight, a UK Border Force cutter intercepted two migrant boats in the English Channel, which carried 28 illegals between them. As is customary under British government protocols, the migrants were brought ashore in Dover and given to immigration officials who will then decide whether the individuals caught in the process of breaking into the United Kingdom will be awarded refugee status or added to the rapidly rising number of those denied status, but also not deported.
Crossings of the English Channel by small boat is an emerging trend for illegal migration to the United Kingdom, which in the past has been characterised by people smuggling by freight crossing to Dover, and those overstaying their visas. The BBC reports over 970 people are known to have crossed the Channel this year alone.
UK Immigration Boom: Plan to Build a Million Houses to Destroy 67,000 Acres of Countryside https://t.co/s5UdfbwRKY
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) October 26, 2018
On Monday, newly installed UK Home Secretary Priti Patel gave her office 72 hours to create an emergency immigration plan for "immediate implementation". A government source quoted by the Daily Mail newspaper states these measures will focus on prevention, with Britain supporting French police patrolling their north coast, preventing illegals form setting out on the dangerous journey north at all.
Risks posed to illegals attempting to force entry to the United Kingdom rather than travel by legitimate means was tragically underlined this week when it was revealed an Iraqi male had drowned in the English Channel as he attempted to swim from France to England. The man, who was reported to have been already refused asylum status in Germany was discovered in the southernmost part of the North Sea off the Belgian coast wearing swimming flippers and "covered in fish nets with plastic bottles… to make it more easy to swim for him."
A spokesman for the UK Home Office said the death of the Iraqi male was tragic and that "Anyone seeking to swim across the Channel or to cross this dangerous stretch of water in a small boat is taking a huge risk."
Whoops! UK Govt Statistics Office Undercounted EU Migration by 240,000 https://t.co/DwaQsUyz83
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) August 22, 2019
- Asylum seeker hurled boiling water over housemate then stabbed her more than 30 times in bid to avoid being thrown out of Britain
- Danish Government Wants to Tap Mobile Phones of Rejected Asylum Seekers
- Asylum seekers 'crammed in rooms with 20 sharing two toilets' at run-down barracks
- Cuban asylum seekers locked out the US by Trump's immigration policies feel 'betrayed' after more than half of Cuban-Americans in Florida vote for the Republican
- Cuban Asylum-Seekers Stranded At The US–Mexico Border Are Drumming Up Support For Biden
- Biden plans sweeping reversal of Trump's immigration agenda, from deportations to asylum policy
- 'We escaped from war to a prison': Migrants protest over conditions at ex-military base in Wales that was turned into massive camp for asylum seekers
- Man who jumped off Margaret Thatcher's asylum ship slams new inhumane Tory plan
- Opinion: EU migration pact has already failed
- ‘Boomerang’ Migrants Given Asylum in UK Despite Being Deported Previously
- Priti Patel wants to change the law to stop migrants who cross the Channel in boats from claiming asylum in Britain
- Judges Block Deportation of Knife Killer Migrant on ‘Human Rights’ Grounds
- EU aims to reform asylum policy
- UK Army Forced to Suspend Live Firing Drill After Illegal Migrants Crash Military Shooting Range
- Asylum Lawyers Fail to Stop Africans’ Deportation
- Deportation of 28 migrants is stopped after lawyers launch last-minute human rights claim
- Judges Ground Another Entire Deportation Flight for Illegal Migrants
- Only Eight Migrants on Deportation Flight After 28 Lodge Last-Minute Legal Challenges
40,000 Un-Deported Failed Asylum Seekers Remain in UK As More Arrive have 778 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 27, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.