The Toyota Vellfire will be launched in the country in October this year. The most luxurious Toyota MPV was showcased privately in the country recently.
For the uninitiated, the Toyota Vellfire is nothing but a fancier version of the Toyota Alphard which was displayed at Auto Expo 2018 and was earlier said to be India-bound. In Japan, both models have the same starting price. With a sharper and more aggressive design, the Toyota Vellfire is more visually appealing, and that’s possibly the reason why Toyota Kirloskar Motor decided on launching it instead of the Toyota Alphard.
The Toyota Vellfire measures 4,935 mm in length, 1,850 mm in width and 1,935 mm/1,950 mm in height. The ground clearance, depending on the configuration selected, is either 160 mm or 170 mm. Internationally, it is available in two variants – Standard Body and Aero Body. The former comes with a slightly more sophisticated look and will be the one reaching our shores.
The Toyota Vellfire is available with the 2AR-FE 2.5-litre petrol engine (182 PS/235 Nm) paired with a CVT and the 2GR-FKS 3.5-litre petrol engine delivering (301 PS/361 Nm) linked to an 8-speed AT. There’s also a hybrid variant in which there’s the 2AR-FXE 2.5-litre petrol engine (152 PS/206 Nm) assisted by the 2JM electric motor (143 PS/270 Nm) and the 2FM electric motor (68 PS/139 Nm). The fuel efficiency rating (JC08) of the hybrid variant depending on the trim is either 18.4 km/l or 19.4 km/l.
As per the details revealed by a leaked brochure, the Toyota Vellfire will be kitted with features like LED headlights with cornering lamps, sequential turn indicators, powered extendable Ottoman full recline seats, seat ventilation, heating and memory functions, twin moonroof, power slide & back doors, 7 airbags, multi-colour ambient lighting, individual seat tables and Black/Flaxen interior.
The Toyota Vellfire has a sole competitor in the form of the Mercedes V-Class and is expected to be priced at around INR 75 lakh (ex-showroom) in India.
[News Source: Autocar India]
[Image Source: Team-BHP]
- Pakistan plans to launch anti-terrorism campaign next year
- Living Large: Nevada’s Luxury Home Market
- Toyota wants world to use its tech that keeps cars from crashing
- OnePlus 7T Pro India Launch Teasers Begin, Amazon India Unveils OnePlus 7T Series October 10 Event Page
- Toyota's 'Guardian' tech can take control of your car to keep you from crashing
- SpaceX Reveals Photos of Completed Crew Dragon for Launching Humans to Space
- 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback is an entertaining runabout
- Payne: Toyota's new Avalon is a Lexus-beater
- Toyota US chief says car sales are close to bottoming out
- Vincentric Announces 2019 Best CPO Value in America™ Awards: Ford, Toyota, and Audi Lead the Winners List