MANCHESTER UNITED are reportedly considering a move for Juventus defender Merih Demiral.
The Red Devils are desperate to bring in a centre-back before the summer transfer window closes on August 8.
But while they continue to pursue Harry Maguire, they are still no closer to sealing a move for the Leicester defender, who featured in the pre-season clash at Scunthorpe this week.
So now they are thought to be looking elsewhere and according to Turkish Football, Demiral could be an option.
That is despite the Turkish international, 21, only signing for Juventus from Sassuolo on a five-year deal two weeks ago.
The Old Lady paid around £16million for the youngster, who has already had five permanent clubs in his career.
Three of those have been this year.
He joined Alanyaspor on a permanent deal on January 29 and then on January 30, he moved to Sassuolo on loan with an obligation to buy before now joining Juventus.
The report suggests the Italian giants want at least £35m for the youngster, whose representatives have allegedly spoke with United and Atletico Madrid.
Latest Manchester United news
Chelsea news LIVE: All the reaction and gossip as transfer ban is lifted
Man Utd news LIVE: All the latest transfer gossip and updates from Old Trafford
Tottenham news LIVE: All the latest updates and transfer gossip from Spurs HQ
Arsenal LIVE: All the latest transfer gossip and updates from the Emirates
NEW YEAR BLUES
Real must ‘raise £84m to avoid FFP punishment’ & will sell stars in January
Spurs contact Juventus’ Demiral’s agent joining Arsenal and Man Utd in race
Liverpool target Brazil wonderkid Evanilson who’s available on a free in February
Spurs make ‘futile’ attempt to sign Van de Beek but Ajax star wants Madrid move
AC Milan are also interested but saw their approach firmly blocked.
It is thought Demiral’s situation at the Allianz Stadium has changed thanks to the arrival of Matthijs de Ligt this week.
The in-demand defender joined in a £67.5m deal from Ajax as Juve beat off competition from across Europe for his signature.
- Captain Ashley Young dropped by Man Utd boss Solskjaer for Norwich game as Inter Milan transfer draws closer
- Premier League hits and misses: Man Utd misery, Tottenham unconvincing, Gabriel Martinelli shines
- Man Utd vs Wolves FREE: Live stream, TV channel, kick-off time and team news for FA Cup 3rd round replay
- Man City ready to poach long-term United transfer target Milan Skriniar to solve defensive problems
- Ranking Man United’s 29 transfers under Ed Woodward from worst to best
- Manchester United veto José Mourinho’s transfer wishlist
- Tottenham transfer news LIVE: Inter make official Eriksen bid, Willian free transfer, Jovic approach, Cancelo talks
- Who the Premier League title challengers should buy in the January transfer window...
- The Queen's Megxit annual review: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's commercial dealings will be assessed in one year to ensure they remain in line with the monarchy's values - as questions over Duchy money, protection and the use of their titles remain
- Paul Pogba: Is he really set to leave Manchester United?
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to build around Paul Pogba at Manchester United
- Premier League talking points: Adam Lallana rescues Liverpool and Chelsea win again
- 2019 Sundance lineup includes films from Shia LaBeouf, Chiwetel Ejiofor
- Is the staggeringly profitable business of scientific publishing bad for science?
- Forty years on from the fall of Saigon: witnessing the end of the Vietnam war
- James Bond fans flood social media to praise writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge for championing women empowerment as new 007 Lashana Lynch, Ana de Armas and Lea Seydoux lead the pack in 'woke' first No Time To Die trailer
Man Utd make shock approach for cut-price Juventus centre-back Merih Demiral as Harry Maguire transfer stalls have 631 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 19, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.