The “real” CT4-V could get the twin-turbo V6 from the ATS-V, but take all of this with a grain of salt. Well, here’s an interesting twist. Jonny Lieberman of Motor Trend fame jumped on Instagram back on July 8 with a pretty bold claim. Actually, we’re going just come right out and say it – this is a very bold claim, considering the recent steps Cadillac has taken with its high-performance sedans. Missteps might be the better term here, since the entire world did a double-take when the CT4-V and CT5-V were unveiled with shockingly low horsepower ratings. To Lieberman’s credit, his claim at least addresses that issue, though not in a way anybody expected. In short, he’s saying the forthcoming CT5-V flagship will not receive a Blackwing V8 as we’ve been led to believe through months of rumors and hints. Rather, it will use the familiar 6.2-liter supercharged V8 from the outgoing CTS-V. Frankly, that’s just fine with us – the stout mill generates 640 horsepower, and it’s the reason why Cadillac’s now-retired warhorse is something of a legend in the luxury sport sedan segment. V Or V-Sport? Cadillac Exec Discusses Future Performance Model, Hints At Speedy SUV 2020… Read full this story
- 2020 Cadillac CT5 Costs Nearly $10,000 Less Than The CTS
- 2020 Cadillac CT5 sedan to debut at New York Auto Show
- 2020 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing spy shots
- 2020 Cadillac CT5 is a right-sized sedan, debuts at New York Auto Show
- 2020 Cadillac CT5 priced from $37,890, or less than a 3-Series
- 2020 Cadillac CT5: Sized Right, Priced Right?
- Ford details new 7.3-liter V8 for Super Duty pickups
- 2020 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing spy shots and video
- Wild Boar’s Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 6X6 is Powered by a Supercharged Hellcat V8 Generating 707HP
- A 5-liter V8 in a world of small-capacity turbos: The 2018 Lexus GS F
Hotter Cadillac CT5-V Could Have Supercharged 6.2-liter V8 have 318 words, post on www.motor1.com at July 18, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.