IOWA CITY, Iowa — Emails show that the director of the Iowa Department of Human Services had an obsession with the late rapper Tupac Shakur during a 2-year tenure before the governor requested his resignation last month.
Jerry Foxhoven hosted weekly “Tupac Fridays” to listen to music in his office. He sent Tupac lyrics about love and change to inspire employees and he marked his own 65th birthday with Tupac-themed cookies.
While some employees praised his Tupac fixation, one complained to lawmakers last year. Reynolds surprised Foxhoven by telling him to resign one day after Foxhoven had emailed his employees asking them to celebrate Tupac’s birthday.
A Reynolds spokesman says “a lot of factors” went into the decision to seek Foxhoven’s resignation.
- Iowa officials 'nailed it' at D-III football championship game
- Iowa officials intently watching federal shutdown
- Iowa officials react to the death of President George H.W. Bush
- Fatal hunting accident in Iowa: Officials investigating incident
- House To Investigate Ivanka Trump's Use Of Personal Email For Official Business
- Ivanka Trump used personal email for government business
- Ex-Trump Aide Marc Short Rips Ivanka Trump's Private Email Use: 'Hypocritical'
- Congress to Probe Ivanka Trump Private Email Use
- Congress to scrutinize Ivanka Trump's private email use in White House
- What Is Ivanka Trump Accused of? Personal Email Use for Government Work Draws 'Crooked Hillary' Comparison