PUBLISHED: 07:30 22 July 2019 | UPDATED: 07:30 22 July 2019
The crash on the northbound carrigeway of the A12 happened about 6.30am, blocking one lane and causing over five miles of slow moving traffic back to the Crown Interchange at the north end of Colchester Picture: GOOGLE MAPS
A crash on the A12 is causing traffic chaos for commuters.
According to the AA route planner, one lane of the A12 is closed on the Essex-Suffolk border, just before junction 30 at Stratford St Mary.
Queueing traffic has built up back to Colchester, onto the Crown Interchange and towards the Colchester United stadium at junction 28.
It is believed the lane was closed after a collision which happened about 6.30am.
It is not known at this point if the East of England Ambulance service or Essex Fire and Rescue are at the scene.
Essex Police have been contacted for comment.
- Researchers Report Novel Collision-Based Computing Technique
- Just Cause 2 video maps every in-game death in one haunting landscape
- Mod of the Week: Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Mod
- Humans still causing problems for Google’s self-driving cars
- GRID: Autosport mechanical & collision car damage detailed in new update
- League of Legends Patch 6.2 Notes Revealed: Jhin, Wall Collision, Ward Debris
- Fingers of Heat Thousands of Miles Long found Beneath Earth's Surface
- Small Collisions Make Big Impact on Mercury’s Thin Atmosphere
- The Tesla Semi does 500 miles, and it’s ready to (silently) conquer the freeway
- Inside The Tech That Makes 'Near-Miss' Air Collisions Almost Impossible