Following the Mercedes CLA, Mercedes A-Class and Mercedes B-Class, the Mercedes GLA is set to undergo a full model change. The next-gen Mercedes GLA will be unveiled at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show in September. For reference, the outgoing model had debuted at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show.
The second-gen Mercedes GLA is expected to have a familiar swollen look, but with design details inspired by that of the fourth-gen Mercedes A-Class. It will be based on Mercedes-Benz’s MFA platform which currently underpins the A-class hatchback, A-class sedan, CLA four-door coupé, CLA Shooting Brake estate, GLB SUV and the B-class MPV.
Details on the upcoming compact crossover are scarce at the moment, but it is safe to assume that it will share the interior design and technology, engines and gearboxes with the latest A-Class. It is thus expected to be kitted with the company’s MBUX infotainment system with voice control system that responds to Hey Mercedes command, and be available with a 1.3-litre petrol engine co-developed with the Renault-Nissan Alliance, a 2.0-litre petrol engine, a 1.5-litre diesel engine and a 2.0-litre diesel engine. Transmission choices would include 6-speed manual, 7-speed dual-clutch automatic and 8-speed automatic.
The next-gen GLA will be manufactured at Mercedes-Benz’s factory in Rastatt, Germany, alongside the A-class. India probably doesn’t have the appetite for both the GLA and the GLB together, and so, the company may skip the second-gen GLA and launch the more practical and aesthetically appealing GLB as a replacement for the first-gen GLA here. The first-ever GLB is available even as a seven-seater, which makes it an even stronger proposition for our market.
- Audi At IAA 2017: New Audi A8, Audi Aicon And Elaine Concept Cars Debut At Frankfurt Motor Show
- 2016 Hyundai I20 Active To Debut At Frankfurt Motor Show
- 2018 Honda Jazz Unveiled Ahead Of Its Debut At Frankfurt Motor Show 2017
- Mercedes-Benz GLA Is Revealed Ahead Of 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show
- Mercedes-AMG Project One Brings Formula 1 Hypercar To Frankfurt Motor Show 2017
- Mercedes-AMG GT Concept Debuts At Geneva Motor Show 2017
- Mercedes Releases Concept IAA Teaser For Frankfurt Motor Show 2015
- German Luxury Cars Leading The Frankfurt Motor Show 2015
- Brabus Reveals AMG E63-based Brabus 700 At The Frankfurt Motor Show
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2017 Marks Global Debut Of Pure Electric Mini