(Getty Images) MANZANITA, Ore. — A 21-year-old Oregon State University student died after plummeting from a popular viewpoint along the Oregon coast. KPTV reports that Michelle Casey of Happy Valley was taking pictures at Neahkahnie Mountain near Manzanita when she fell on Sunday. A tree caught Casey and kept her from falling into the ocean below, but it took rescuers two hours to reach her. The station says when rescuers reached Casey, she was unconscious but still breathing. She was pronounced dead later at a hospital. Casey, who graduated from Clackamas High School, was studying kinesiology at Oregon State.
- Numbers of students taking politics A-level up 10% on last year
- Second Irish mountaineer dies on Everest in little over a week
- Guam students take top spots in STEM competition
- Number of students taking arts A-levels continues to fall
- Daring climb for picture sees tourist fall 20 metres from cliff
- Carol Small to take on mountain big
- Carol Small to take on mountain high
- Hong Kong students take protest to schools with human chains
- Student 'disappointed' before Africa plane fall
- Student broke 110 bones in fall while doing ‘extreme yoga’
Oregon State student taking pictures on mountain dies in fall have 188 words, post on www.reviewjournal.com at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.