CONCORD, N.C. – William Byron gave the local fans something to cheer about Thursday evening at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Byron, a native of Charlotte, N.C., earned the pole for the 60th Coca-Cola 600 during qualifying Thursday. His 29.440-second lap at 183.424 mph made him the youngest driver to win the pole for the Coca-Cola 600. “It’s a dream come true to qualify on the pole,” said 21-year-old Byron after his second pole of the season. “I grew up coming to this race as a kid, and it’s unbelievable now to be back here and on top after qualifying, knowing we’re going to lead the field to green on Sunday night. This is pretty cool and I can’t think of a better way to start the weekend.” The sophomore driver, who wheels the No. 24 Chevrolet for Hendrick Motorsports, is in his first year working with crew chief Chad Knaus, who guided Jimmie Johnson to four Coca-Cola 600 wins before moving over to Byron’s team this season. Byron noted that he feels like the duo is beginning to find their stride. “Just the dialogue that Chad and I have, in the hauler and the transporter … and everything that we go… Read full this story
- Coca-Cola and PepsiCo Ditch Ties to Plastics Industry Association Following Pressure From Greenpeace: 'A Victory for Every Person That Spoke Up'
- Coca-Cola #LoveIsLove Ads With Same-Sex Couples in Hungary Spark Fine, Protest Against LGBTQ Visibility
- Coca Cola Sparkling Water Release Date, Details as AHA Becomes Company's First New Drink in 13 Years
- Coca-Cola confirms Christmas truck tour is returning for 2019
- Where is the Coca Cola truck tour visiting in 2019?
- Coca Cola addict mum-of-three drank EIGHT cans a day for 25 years until she became anaemic
- Coca-cola launches ‘Safe Birth Initiative to reduce maternal deaths
- Organic yogurts aimed at children contain more sugar than Coca-Cola, worrying study warns
- Old Mission Street Coca-Cola Bottling Plant once unwittingly employed Nazi spy
- A peek into the future plans of Coca-Cola
Local Boy Byron Claims Coca-Cola 600 Pole have 333 words, post on speedsport.com at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.