The Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Dorchester was vandalized Thursday afternoon, just a day after repairs were completed from when it was vandalized in October. “It was just damaged in October, and we put all of this money into it. We fund-raised,” said Joseph Zinck, president of the Dorchester Vietnam Memorial Committee. “The renovations finished yesterday. And now, to have someone come out here and do this, I can’t fathom it. I can’t wrap my head around it right now.” Zinck visited the Morrissey Boulevard memorial with his wife Thursday afternoon. Shortly after he left at 12:45 p.m., the memorial was vandalized, he said. The memorial now has swastikas spray-painted on the benches, about 50 to 60 bushes and “tons” of American flags ripped out of the ground, and other phrases graffitied onto the memorial, he said. The stone memorial was vandalized in October, including sustaining damage from bricks that were thrown at it and an American flag that was cut up, the Globe reported. The repairs cost “many thousands” of dollars, Zinck said, and the memorial looked “totally different than before.” Massachusetts State Police and UMass police were investigating the incident, Zinck said. Breanne Kovatch can be reached at [email protected]…. Read full this story
- Family of Royal Oak Vietnam veteran located
- USS Constitution to pay tribute to Vietnam veterans
- Vietnam Veteran Gives War Medallion to Cindy McCain in Honor of Her Husband
- WATCH: Fox & Friends Addresses Trump Missing Veteran Memorial Due to Light Rain
- How Hollywood confronted the Vietnam veteran experience
- Best times to visit Washington D.C.’s monuments and memorials on the National Mall
- Veterans group to bury remains left at DC's Vietnam memorial
- Why were Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner at John McCain’s memorial service?
- Crowds gather for John McCain memorial service
- John McCain memorial: Meghan McCain gives emotional eulogy; tributes echo with criticism of Trump
Dorchester Vietnam Veterans Memorial vandalized again have 318 words, post on www.bostonglobe.com at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.