“The Supra may have been born in Europe, but it speaks Japanese,” Tetsuya Tada, chief engineer for the fifth generation of the legendary Toyota Supra (and apprentice on the fourth) told me through a translator.That brings up a few important questions for a name as storied as Supra. Where does the soul of a sports car actually reside? Is it in the engine? The handling? The programming? Can a car, with mostly German hardware, keep its footing in Japan? Can it satisfy the loyalists?Tada thinks the soul is in the sound — and the feeling that sound gives the driver. That’s why the engine had to be an inline-six. That’s why Toyota tuned the exhaust just so and that’s why the Supra had to come out now. Noise regulations are closing in, and Toyota doesn’t have the time it takes to develop, produce and perfect a new engine before sports cars go quiet, let alone make a business case for one. 2020 Toyota GR Supra interior in red Photo 12020 Toyota GR Supra interior in red Photo 22020 Toyota GR Supra interior in red Photo 32020 Toyota GR Supra interior in red Photo 42020 Toyota GR Supra interior in red… Read full this story
- La Toyota GR Supra Racing ajoutée à Gran Turismo Sport
- Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept
- The Future Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept
- Drive Toyota's GR Supra Racing concept in “Gran Turismo Sport”
- Toyota: new Supra "won't be cheap"
- 2020 Toyota Corolla sedan spied with less camo
- New Supra Will Not Be Cheap According To Toyota
- Spied! Toyota Supra Steps out Wearing Production Wheels
- Toyota Supra will be 'very different' from Z4
- 2019 Toyota Avalon Interior Review: Not a Camry-Plus
2020 Toyota GR Supra first drive: Citizen of the world have 275 words, post on autoweek.com at May 12, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.