The Dodge Dart, which Dodge killed off in 2016 as a kind of early victim of the sedanocalypse, is now under recall—a recall including nearly 300,000 cars that could roll away randomly, at that. That’s a real shame for the three people who bought a brand-new Dart in March, wouldn’t you say? Fiat Chrysler submitted a Dart recall report to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Administration last week, which said it’s recalling 298,439 Darts from the 2013 to 2016 model years for the potential to roll. The recall only includes Darts with automatic transmissions, since the recall report said deteriorated transmission-cable bushings could allow the shift cable to detach from the transmission. That means the shifter could ignore shift input from the driver, and could, for example, roll away despite the shifter being in the “park” position. To fix it in the recall, FCA will replace the transmission-side shifter cable bushing in all of the vehicles, and will notify owners about it around May 31. In the meantime, at least, FCA’s report said the true gear position will show up on the instrument cluster and on display next to the shifter, and owners can always use the parking brake to help ease… Read full this story
- This Is Travis Pastrana's 600-HP Rallycross Dodge Dart
- The 2020 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody Is A 707 HP Four-Door Land Missile For The Fans
- Is your car a death trap? 1.6MILLION drivers STILL haven't had killer Takata airbags replaced despite nationwide recall
- Remember the Judge in the Brock Turner Case? He Could Be Removed With the Help of These Women
- Sister of murdered Israeli student Aiia Maasarwe recalls the heartbreaking moment she knew her sibling was dead - as police reveal that a stroke of luck led to the arrest of a homeless rapper
- Wayne Mardle runs the rule over Grand Slam of Darts 2019
- Holden is to recall a staggering 333,000 cars with the deadly Takata airbags installed - so does yours need to be recalled?
- Hit 80s TV darts game show Bullseye set to make huge comeback
- Why Are Republicans Dodging a True Russia Inquiry?
- Do We Even Remember the Afghan War? | Opinion
Remember the Dodge Dart? Well, It's Been Recalled have 364 words, post on jalopnik.com at April 19, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.