Fewer Nottinghamshire under-18s are becoming pregnant, new data reveals. Sexual health experts put the trend down to better access to contraceptives, and a shift in priorities among a younger generation more focused on their professional careers.New Office for National Statistics data shows 16 in every 1,000 women aged between 15 and 17 became pregnant in Nottinghamshire in 2017, compared with 32 six years earlier.Katherine O’Brien, associate director of communications and campaigns at the British Pregnancy Advisory Service, said lower rates of pregnancy among teenagers are partly due to improvements in the information provided to young people.She said: “There is no doubt that improved access to contraception, particularly highly-effective long-acting methods such as the contraceptive implant, has had a significant impact.”This may be in part due to improvements in the information we are giving our young people, but wider societal shifts are also being reflected in the downward trend.”We know that young people today are very much focused on their education, determined to succeed in a challenging economic environment, and feel that having a child at this stage will be disruptive to their life goals.”In 2017, there were 207 pregnancies among women aged 15 to 17 in Nottinghamshire.Half of them ended… Read full this story
- Delaware's Stunning Abortion Rate Drop Had Nothing to Do With Bans | Opinion
- More than 175K Louisiana drivers will see car insurance rates drop in September; here's why
- Mortgage rates drop amid conflict with Iran
- Breaking: Nigeria’s inflation rate drops ― NBS
- Benchmark mortgage rate drops in U.S. housing market
- Louisiana's uninsured rate drops dramatically after Medicaid expansion, survey finds
- US cancer death rate sees largest-ever single-year drop, report says
- Cancer Death Rate In U.S. Has Biggest One-Year Drop, Researchers Say
- Overall US CMBS Delinquency Rate Ends 2019 on a Flat Note
- After Trump Brags About Lower Cancer Deaths, American Cancer Society Says They 'Dropped Before You Took Office'
Pregnancy rate drops amongst Nottinghamshire teenagers have 315 words, post on www.retfordtoday.co.uk at April 17, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.