What if I proposed digging two 35-mile tunnels that would begin and end right next to two train stations that currently have service between one another? And this tunnel would be right underneath an existing highway? But this tunnel would be used to skim cars along tracks at speeds no one has achieved yet? And it would move fewer than two trains’ worth of people per direction per day? You’d probably say something like hey, Aaron, that’s very stupid. And you’d be right. But what if Elon Musk proposed this? That’s what a new environmental impact draft report from the U.S. and Maryland Departments of Transportation outline for the much ballyhooed Boring Company tunneling project between Washington, D.C. and Baltimore. We’ve reached out to The Boring Company for comment on the report, but read in a certain light, the report douses cold water on some of the most optimistic characterizations of the project to date. Instead of zooming hundreds of thousands of passengers from New York to DC in 29 minutes, it assumes they’ll be able to go from DC to Baltimore in 15 minutes, if everything goes well, and maybe at some distant point in the future can be… Read full this story
- Help Elon Musk Sell Teslas And He'll Reward You By Letting You Dig a Tunnel for Him
- Elon Musk sets bold goals. But has he delivered?
- BART picks a fight with Elon Musk on Twitter over tunnels
- Elon Musk's Spoiler: ‘More Than a Tunnel Opening' in Los Angeles
- Elon Musk on Digging Big-Ass Tunnel: 'We Have No Idea What We’re Doing'
- Elon Musk's Boring Company Bids to Dig an Electric Pods Tunnel From Chicago to O'Hare
- Check Out Elon Musk's Tunnel
- Who is Elon Musk, how old is he, who is his girlfriend and does he have children?
- Elon Musk quips Boring Company could dig new Transbay Tube for one-tenth the cost
- Elon Musk Wants to Turn the LA Underground Into a Giant Slot Car Race
Elon Musk's DC to Baltimore Tunnel Sounds Worse than Pointless have 342 words, post on jalopnik.com at April 19, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.