PORT ROYAL, Pa. – Danny Dietrich came out on top of a thrilling 25-lap 410 sprint car feature to take the spoils of victory at Port Royal Speedway on Saturday night. Dietrich charged past race-long leader George Hobaugh with six laps remaining before holding off a hard charge from Brock Zearfoss on two restarts inside the final three laps. The first 22 laps of the race ran uninterrupted, but a caution flag with three to go – which came out when Tyler Reeser hit the turn two wall and slowed with a flat tire – set up the first of two dashes to the finish. Dietrich easily hung onto the lead there, but had his work cut out for him when Mike Wagner slowed as the white flag waved, setting Zearfoss up on his bumper for the final green flag. Though Zearfoss tried as he might following the final restart, Dietrich was ultimately able to hang on for the victory by .364 of a second in the end. Saturday night’s score was worth $3,600 to Dietrich, with Zearfoss picking up $2,000 for finishing second. Steve Buckwalter completed the podium, followed by Hobaugh, who faded to fourth after leading the first… Read full this story
- Hello From Nova Scotia - 400 Years of History at Port-Royal
- Hello From Nova Scotia - Exploring Annapolis Royal
- Hello From Nova Scotia - Local History Explored in the Annapolis Royal Graveyard Tour
- Live the Adventure with Royal Caribbean Cruise Line Cruises
- Lionel Davidson--Master of the Thriller Novel
- Royal Memorabilia - Right Category Equals Maximum Profits
- Royal Caribbean Cruises - Are They Worth The Price?
- League One Season Preview 2006/07 - Port Vale
- Movie Review - Casino Royale (2006), Part 3
- Movie Review - Casino Royale (2006), Part 2
Danny Dietrich Triumphs In Port Royal Thriller have 285 words, post on speedsport.com at April 21, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.