WEST SALEM, Wis. – Steve Carlson topped a hotly-contested 25-lap late model feature on Friday night at LaCrosse Speedway, winning the annual Frostbuster race at the five-eighths-mile oval. Jerimy Wagner led the first seven circuits of the late model event before Carlson charged by to take over the top spot. Carlson never looked back after that. At the halfway mark, Nick Panitzke shot between Bobby Wilberg and Brad Powell to take over third. Panitzke, who had the faster car of the day, tracked down the top two with just four laps remaining. However, with three laps left the second yellow of the race was waved. The lane choice realignment bunched up the field, with Carlson and Panitzke taking the front row and Ty Majeski and Jacob Goede filling the second row. When the green waved again, Carlson and Panitzke battled back and forth on the restart. Just as Panitzke was getting around Carlson, calamity in turn two on the final lap brought out the third yellow of the event. Carlson and Panitzke battled hard in turns one and two on the final lap. Panitzke got loose and Goede took over second, with Majeski and Bobby Wilberg rounding out the top… Read full this story
- It just fits: Roskovich embraces Navy, lacrosse
- The 2015 Buick LaCrosse delivers much more than good looks
- Drivers take last laps at Manitowoc Speedway
- 240,000 seats at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. What's the best one?
- College lacrosse coach killed in bus crash remembered Sunday during memorial service
- Name of driver who died at speedway released
- 2014 Kia Cadenza outperforms Toyota Avalon, Buick LaCrosse
- New York Lizards, professional lacrosse team, to help raise money for Harlem sports and leadership group
- The legend of the notoriously deadly Jungle Park Speedway
- Mayor Megan Barry takes a spin around Fairgrounds Speedway track
Carlson Is Tops In LaCrosse Speedway Frostbuster have 303 words, post on speedsport.com at April 20, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.