FILE – This photo provided by the Bucks County District Attorney on Jan. 8, 2017 shows Sara Packer. On Friday, March 29, 2019, she is set to plead guilty in the 2016 rape, murder and dismemberment of her 14-year-old daughter. (Bucks County District Attorney via AP)
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. – A woman has pleaded guilty in the 2016 rape, murder and dismemberment of her 14-year-old daughter.
Former adoptions supervisor Sara Packer appeared in a suburban Philadelphia courtroom Friday afternoon and pleaded guilty to first degree murder and 18 other charges in exchange for a life sentence.
Packer admitted in court last week that she plotted to murder her adoptive daughter, Grace Packer, saying she hated the teenager and “wanted her to go away.”
Sara Packer’s boyfriend, Jacob Sullivan, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and related offenses and was sentenced to death.
Packer says she helped Sullivan tie Grace up and watched as he raped and strangled her. The couple stored Grace’s body in cat litter for several months before dismembering it and dumping it in a wooded area.
- Maryland man nabbed through DNA, genetic genealogy pleads guilty to murder: Prosecutors
- Cruel mom, 22, pleads guilty to murdering her son, 2, and baby girl who were found dead strapped in their car seats
- Romanian man pleads guilty to murder of Valerie Graves six years after she was bludgeoned to death with hammer
- Man, 21, pleads guilty to raping and murdering his six-year-old neighbor and dumping her body in a bog when he was 17 years old
- Former 'Arsenio Hall' and 'Lopez Tonight' musical director pleads guilty to 'embezzling $750,000 from a Bulgarian charity concert for homeless youth and spending it on new cars for his family and a Calabasas home for his ex-wife'
- First Parent Agrees To Plead Guilty In College Admissions Scam
- North Dakota Man Pleads Guilty to Attempting to Murder a Woman He Thought Was a Witch
- Wisconsin Mother of 7 To Plead Guilty to Plotting Daesh Terror Attack
- 'Femme fatale' ex-stripper dubbed 'Black Widow' is found guilty of murdering her ex
- Mother of 'Affluenza' Teen Ethan Couch Charged With Hindering Apprehension, Money Laundering