In line with a previous report, Venkatram Mamillapalle, CEO and Managing Director, Renault India, has said in an interview with ET Auto that the company’s next launch has been programmed to take place in July 2019. With this, it gets clear that the Renault RBC MPV isn’t too far in the offing.
Speaking about Renault India’s near-future plans, Venkatram said
“We also have new product launches in 2019 and 2020. Two new products will be launched, one in July (2019) and the other, the year after that.”
The front fascia of the Renault RBC will be characterised with stylish headlamps with LED DRLs, a wide V-shaped upper grille, chrome trim on the bumper, a wide lower grille and squarish fog lamps. While the entry-level MPV won’t look exactly like a stretched Kwid, there would be a definite connection between the aesthetics of the two models.
Underpinning the Renault RBC will be an updated version of the Kwid’s CMF-A architecture. The new model will measure less than 4-metre in length, which will entitle it to benefit from the least GST levied on ICE-powered passenger cars. The sub-Lodgy MPV in the company’s product portfolio is likely to become one of the most affordable 7-seater models around.
The Renault RBC will be powered by a more powerful version of the 1.0-litre SCe three-cylinder petrol engine that propels the Kwid and the Datsun redi-GO. This engine will employ a turbocharger to produce healthier performance figures and will come mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. A 5-speed automated manual transmission is likely to be introduced a few months down the line. A diesel engine option isn’t on the cards.
The Renault RBC is expected to have a base price of roughly INR 4.5 lakh (ex-showroom) at launch.
- Roll up! Redditch Has Talent 2019 launched with top prize for winner
- Metronomy among acts playing Hit The North 2019 launch party
- Excise tax on tobacco to increase by 9% from July 2019
- Hatfield music festival’s 2019 headliners confirmed in first line-up announcement
- UNIAN: Excise tax on tobacco to increase by 9 percent from July 2019
- Run Garioch 2019 launched
- Weston Pride 2019 launched
- Vietnam ICT Summit 2019 officially launched
- Xiaomi Mi A2, Mi A2 Lite Launch Set for Tomorrow: Here's What We Know So Far
- Jio GigaFiber Registrations, Xiaomi Poco F1 Leaks, Mi A2 Sale, Samsung Galaxy Note 9 India Launch Date, and More News This Week