Siddhartha Roy and Marc Edwards were leaders of the Virginia Tech Flint Water Study research team that helped expose the depths of the Flint water crisis. Three months after a draft version of their article on Citizen Science Ethics was published in Roy’s doctoral dissertation in 2018, Edwards was subject to anonymously authored letters and webpages asserting he was unethical, allegations that he contests. Edwards filed a defamation lawsuit against three individuals, who deny the allegations against them. After this article was published, a federal judge dismissed the defamation claims (see details at the end of the article). Roy is not a party to this suit. The views expressed in this commentary are their own. View more opinion on CNN.
(CNN)After comedian Michelle Wolf ended her monologue at the 2018 White House Correspondents’ Dinner with the resounding mic drop: “Flint still doesn’t have clean water,” a parade of celebrities, including Alyssa Milano, Susan Sarandon, Michael Moore and Omarosa Manigault, shared similar proclamations.
- CNN host grills Michigan governor on Flint water crisis
- Bruno Mars donates $1M from concert to Flint water crisis
- Michigan governor releases emails showing debate over who was ‘responsible’ for Flint water crisis
- ‘We’re heading in the right direction’: Flint appears to be turning the corner on its massive water crisis
- There’s now an Oregon-esque self-styled ‘militia’ protesting in Flint, Michigan, about the government’s role in the water crisis
- 11 heartbreaking images of the water-pollution crisis in Flint, Michigan
- ‘The most critical witness of all’ was notably absent from a heated hearing on the poisoning of Flint, Michigan
- The Michigan National Guard is handing out thousands of water bottles for a disturbing reason
- Here are all the confirmed original shows coming to Netflix in 2017
- Fasting could prevent aging and transform your body, but it goes against everything we think of as healthy
- Everyone on Wall Street is talking about this dark new China report
- ABB strengthens water business in PH
- That ’70s Show
- Pinoys urged to conserve water amid hotter days
- 2 states are now undergoing a lead poisoning crisis — here’s what exposure does to your body
- Another town may be having a lead crisis like Flint
- The most brilliant scientific discoveries that people under 15 have made this year
- The drinking water in Flint is missing a critical ingredient, but you might be surprised by what’s in your tap
Flint water crisis shows the danger of a scientific dark age have 1653 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 15, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.