HARDCORE Tory Eurosceptics were accused of “throwing away Brexit” by furious Labour ‘Leaver’ John Mann today.
The MP for Bassetlaw – who has consistently backed the PM’s deal – branded Brexiteers such as Steve Baker a “bumbling Dad’s Army”.
And he said it defied belief they had been outmanoeuvred by Sir Oliver Letwin – the Tory veteran famed for a series of high profile gaffes.
He told The Sun: “It looks like they have thrown away the Brexit that people voted for. They are like Dad’s Army, they have got no idea.
“If the DUP don’t move now we are back in the EU.”
He stormed: “They [the Tory Eurosceptics] are making it up as they go along they have been outmanoeuvred by Oliver Letwin which sums it up.
“And they can’t say they haven’t been warned repeatedly – they certainly can’t add up or do parliamentary arithmetic.
“Our voters are feeling betrayed by a hardcore of dogmatic Conservatives. They are throwing Brexit to the Remainers.”
MOST READ IN POLITICS
ITV General Election debate LIVE
Corbyn says not all terrorists should serve full sentences after latest attack
Labour hopefuls vow to betray their own voters by fighting to stop Brexit
BOJO V NEIL
Boris suggests he WILL agree to Andrew Neil interview but no deal is signed yet
EU free movement will be impossible to end after Brexit, Corbyn claims
JEZ NOT TRUE
Corbyn ‘lying’ after claiming scrapping marriage tax allowance ‘not tax hike’
Theresa May needs at least 25 Labour MPs to switch to backing her Brexit deal to stand any chance of passing it through the Commons.
Former Labour Minister Caroline Flint today once more implored MPs to back the agreement.
But Lisa Nandy – touted as a possible “switcher” – vowed never to back the PM after her attack on Parliament over the Brexit deadlock last week. She said the attack on warring MPs would cost the PM any chance of securing the Labour votes she needs.
- Right-wing leader in Britain slams Brexit ‘sellout’
- Brexit Plans Raise Fears of Food Shortages and Jammed Ports
- Brexit forever? How May's failed election gamble changes Brexit
- From Now on Theresa May Will Directly Handle British Separation From EU
- With a weakened leader and reeling from crisis, Britain hurtles into the Brexit unknown
- The Brexit Bill Passed, And MPs Rejected A Move To Protect EU Citizens
- After Brexit, Northern Ireland may obtain a special status in the EU : Indybay
- Ruth Davidson's Scottish Tory MPs Will Be Prepared To Defy Theresa May
- Voters sense betrayal in Britain's Brexit heartlands
- Britons vote in election seen strengthening May's Brexit hand
- Why many Northern Irish border communities fear Brexit’s aftermath
- Mom accused of watching boyfriend kill her baby knew he was abusive, attorney says
- Two months out of office, Barack Obama is having a post-presidency like no other
- POLITICO Playbook PM: NEW: Dem super PAC hammers House GOP leadership in new ad
- How Newspapers Lost Their Monopoly On Influencing Voters In The 2017 General Election
- UK election exposes Northern Ireland's deep divisions
- UW-Oshkosh Foundation paid top dollar for chancellor's fixer upper — and then paid more
- So You Wanna Be a K-Pop Star?
Brexiteer Tories accused of ‘throwing away EU exit’ by blocking PM’s deal like Dad’s Army bumblers have 571 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 26, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.