Mitchell Schmidt The Gazette Alliant Energy interim rate increase challenged News Track: Linn County prepped for flooding Cedar Rapids assessor Beth Weeks retiring this month Vinton pushes forward with fiber-to-home This is why presidential campaigns shouldn’t overlook ADA accessibility All articles by Mitchell The Iowa Utilities Board next week will take arguments on Alliant Energy’s proposed interim rate increase to determine if it’s reasonable. The board this week scheduled a Monday meeting in Des Moines at 1 p.m. Oral arguments will follow the discussion of Alliant’s proposed rate increase. Alliant officials last month announced plans for electric and gas rate increases — starting with an interim increase April 1. The interim increase is projected to raise a typical residential customer’s monthly electric bill of $116 by about $8 per month. A second increase to electric and gas rates of roughly an additional $12 per month would start on Jan. 1, per Alliant’s proposal. Combined, the proposed rate increases would represent a 17.24 percent increase for a typical customer. Following Alliant’s request, the Office of Consumer Advocate, a division of the Iowa Department of Justice, filed a motion to reduce the interim rate increase, saying the increase was too high. Mark… Read full this story
- Critical energy sector in region’s crosshairs
- Upstream key to energy security
- Huge power demand, energy transition strategy makes VN attractive to foreign investment in low-emission energy
- India to bank on innovative ways to garner Rs 1.75 lakh crore investment in 2021 for renewable energy sector
- ASEAN to strive for 23 percent renewable energy in regional grids
- Tangedco urges people to opt for energy-efficient appliances
- OPINION: Data analytics and big data to address the challenges in the renewable energy sector
- Why Are Pandemic Sports Ratings So Terrible?
- The US assists Vietnam to advance clean energy deployment
- MoIT seeks ideas for national energy master plan
Alliant Energy interim rate increase challenged have 297 words, post on www.thegazette.com at March 26, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.