Rod Beard The Detroit News Published 8:36 PM EST Feb 1, 2019 It’s crazy time in the NBA. The final week before the trade deadline generally brings a few more cups of coffee for beat writers, a few frenzied fans’ misguided, Monopoly-inspired proposals from the ESPN Trade Machine against the reality of maybe one trade that realistically could come to fruition. It’s a time for speculation, wild rumor and downright Hail Mary to try to improve before the Feb. 7 deadline. The Pistons find themselves in something of a quandary as the sands of the last few days disappear. It comes down to this: Go big or don’t go at all. News & Views takes a look at the Pistons’ position going into the deadline. News: The Pistons are 22-28 and in ninth place in the Eastern Conference. Views: They sit just two games behind the Hornets for eighth place and another half-game behind the Heat for seventh. They could make up that ground with a decent win streak and some solid play. Even that has been hard to come by as the Pistons are just 9-21 in December and January. It makes the job harder for team owner Tom… Read full this story
- Past NBA Trades That Are Still Crippling Franchises
- Every Team's Realistic Dream Signing in 2018 NBA Free Agency
- Will Your NBA Team Be Better or Worse Off in 5 Years?
- Biggest question facing each NBA team for 2018-19: How will Lakers fit around LeBron? What's Celtics' best closing lineup?
- NBA Power Rankings: Where All 30 Teams Rank After 2018 Draft
News & Views: Any Detroit Pistons trade deadline trade should be big have 269 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at February 1, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.