Before Donald Trump mocked the Oscars and made fun of the award show’s dwindling ratings, he attended the ceremony multiple times with his wife, Melania.
Trump made his first appearance at the Academy Awards back in 2001 alongside then-girlfriend Melania Knauss. The high-profile red carpet outing came about three years into their romance. While Trump opted for a classic black tuxedo, his future wife opted for a figure-hugging white, sparkling gown with a plunging neckline.
Though they had made a cameo in cult favorite film, “Zoolander,” that year, their first Oscars outing came three years before the future president made his biggest dive into pop culture by hosting “The Apprentice,” which premiered in 2004.
That year, the couple — who had still yet to get married — attended the annual Oscars viewing party thrown by Elton John’s AIDS Foundation, where Melania upped the sex appeal in a lingerie-inspired white dress with a sheer bodice and thigh-high slit. Trump opted for what would become his signature look: A dark suit with a colorful tie, this time in lavender.
See photos of Donald and Melania Trump at the Oscars through the years:
The couple also hit the Vanity Fair Oscars Party later that night. Throughout the evening, they mingled with the likes of Sharon Osbourne and Steven Tyler.
One year later, just over a month after tying the knot in 2005, Donald and Melania attended the Vanity Fair Oscars party again. Trump wore another classic tux, while Melania wore a stunning beaded white gown with a feathered bottom.
Inside the party, the couple posed with then-couple Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale, as well as Tim Allen and his future wife, Jane Hajduk. Allen would later prove to be one of Trump’s most vocal celebrity reporters during his presidency.
The Trumps only attended the Oscars one more time, seven years later in 2011. The future first lady was a total vision in a form-fitting strapless black gown that sparkled as she posed alongside her tuxedo-clad husband. She opted for a more elegant updo while Donald did his infamous “You’re fired!” pose from “The Apprentice” as they posed for photographers. They also attended the Vanity Fair party that year after the awards.
Considering the fractured relationship that Trump has had with Hollywood since campaigning for and ultimately becoming president, it would be safe to assume that we won’t be seeing the first couple at the Academy Awards anytime soon.
RELATED: See photos of the Trump family at the Emmys through the years:
More from Aol.com: ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’: Jennifer Westfeldt argues with Melissa McCarthy in deleted scene (Exclusive) ‘American Girl’ live-action movie in the works with Mattel and MGM Oscars to snub these 4 categories by awarding them during commercial breaks
- Fashion Notes: Melania Trump Brings Fireworks in Givenchy for New Year’s
- Melania Trump is BOOED by high and middle school students at opioid summit held in Baltimore, the city the President called a 'rat and rodent infested mess'
- Why Does Melania Trump Rarely Smile?
- Melania Trump Told to 'Stand With Immigrant Families' Like Her Own by Petition
- Melania Trump silently forges path through impeachment
- Melania Trump Posts Wild Christmas Time Lapse Video of the Blue Room and Fans Have Thoughts
- Fox Nation Host Tomi Lahren Says 'Despicable' Young People Booing Melania Trump 'Need to Learn a Lesson'
- Michelle Obama finally reveals that Melania Trump's Inauguration Day gift was a 'lovely frame' as she discusses awkward exchange on The Ellen Show
- ‘Socially Awkward’: Melania Trump’s Son Barron Sparks Speculations If He ‘Falls on Autism Spectrum’
- Happy Valentine's Day, Melania Trump? Stephen Colbert Mocks Up Romantic Card From Trump to First Lady and It's All About Him
- Melania Trump Is Her Own Woman: First Lady Is 'Sharp' and Has 'Impeccable Taste,' Says Omarosa
- Gigi Hadid accused of racism after shocking Melania Trump impression at AMAs
- Donald and Melania Trump send out Christmas message
- Melania Trump visits school in Malawi, part of Africa tour
- Melania Trump Dazzles In Jaw-Dropping Black Dress On Christmas Eve
- The Tulsa Massacre Warns Us Not to Trust History to Judge Trump on Impeachment
- 'Becoming' the US' Most Admired Woman: How Michelle Obama Beat Melania Trump
- After Africa visit with Melania Trump, White House staffer helps raise thousands for struggling community
Here's a brief history of Donald and Melania Trump at the Oscars through the years have 2211 words, post on www.aol.com at February 18, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.