The Washington Wizards sealed a dramatic 101-100 win over the New York Knicks at the O2 Arena in London.
The Wizards overturned a 12-point deficit after the third quarter to enjoy victory at the ninth edition of the NBA Global Games series in the United Kingdom.
And there was late drama as with his side still trailing by one point with 0.4 seconds left on the clock, the Wizards’ Thomas Bryant attempted a lay-up, but Allonzo Trier blocked it.
However, Trier was adjudged to be goal-tending – meaning the ball was over the cylinder of the net when he blocked it – and two points were awarded to the Wizards after a video review.
Elsewhere, the Los Angeles Lakers recorded an impressive 138-128 win against Oklahoma City Thunder.
The Lakers were again without their star man, LeBron James, who missed his 12th straight game with a groin injury.
But in his absence, Kyle Kuzma led the way for the Lakers by scoring 32 points, while Ivica Zubac finished with a career-best 26 points and 12 rebounds after coming off the bench.
Toronto Raptors saw off a determined Phoenix Suns to secure a 111-109 victory.
The Raptors raced into an early 16-point advantage, but Phoenix clawed their way back into the match, before taking a one-point lead into the final quarter.
The game was tied at 109-109 with 13 seconds remaining when Pascal Siakam beat the buzzer to seal a narrow win.
In the night’s other fixtures, Charlotte Hornets beat Sacramento Kings 114-95, while Philadelphia 76ers stormed to a 120-96 win against Indiana Pacers.
The Denver Nuggets defeated the Chicago Bulls at the Pepsi Center, with Jamal Murray leading the way as he scored 25 points in a dominant 135-105 victory.
- Snooker world championship semi-finals set for late finish
- Danny Care calls for Marcus Smith to get England No 10 jersey after star turn against London Irish
- Man Utd player ratings as Edinson Cavani inspires dramatic win at Southampton
- Soccer-Late Dumfries header secures Dutch win after Ukraine fightback
- SF mayor's race: Ranked choice puts Mark Leno in lead over London Breed
- Liverpool close in on Champions League thanks to 'semi-final' win at Burnley
- Football: Ronaldo saves Juventus blushes as late double downs Udinese
- Bucks withstand Westbrook’s triple-double to beat Wizards
- Report: Wizards forward Davis Bertans out 4-6 weeks with calf strain
- Brit Awards 2021: Inside the dramatically different ceremony as celebs sit on tiny tables and wild after-party is banned
- 76ers top Wizards in Game 1 after late Russell Westbrook turnover
- Lewis Hamilton wins dramatic Spanish Grand Prix after late overtake of Max Verstappen
- LeVert’s late burst helps Pacers beat Hawks 133-126
- Atletico Madrid win La Liga title on dramatic final day
- Novak Djokovic Equals Pete Sampras’ Record Of Six Year-End No. 1 Finishes
- London Six Day: Six of the best ever races on the London track
- Kim A-lim comes from behind to win at her first U.S. Women's Open
- Peter Sagan repays Bora-Hansgrohe teamwork with Giro d'Italia stage win
Wizards win in London after dramatic late finish at the O2 have 545 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at January 18, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.