STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — A 22-year-old man hid guns in the attic of a home in Midland Beach where two young children were present, authorities allege.
Field Intelligence and other officers also confiscated equipment allegedly used to manufacture firearms, according to a post on the 122nd Precinct Twitter feed. That equipment included a drill press with a rifle jig, a law enforcement source said.
Matthew Basso was arrested after police executed a search warrant at his home on Freeborn Street at about 5:03 p.m. on Monday, according to the criminal complaint and police.
Officers found an assault rifle with a flash suppressor in the attic, according to the criminal complaint.
A loaded 9 mm semi-automatic gun was found inside a safe in the attic, the complaint said.
An NYPD spokeswoman described the two guns as homemade and said they resembled an AR-15 and a Glock 19.
Children ages 1 and 9 were home when police arrived, according to the criminal complaint.
The criminal complaint makes no mention of any items allegedly in the house that might have been used to manufacture weapons.
Basso was charged with criminal possession of a weapon, criminal possession of a firearm and endangering the welfare of a child.
Bond has been set at $20,000/$10,000 cash for the suspect and he is due back in Criminal Court on Friday.
A photo of the alleged stash was posted on the 122nd Precinct Twitter feed.
An attorney for Basso did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Las Vegas shooting – Chilling pics reveal assault rifles inside gunman’s hotel room surrounded by dozens of bullets
- Bomb charge added against man accused of planning Christmas Day terror attack
- 'I felt one bullet part my hair’: The day a man drove through a town firing an AK47 at people
- Video of gun owner's assault on an AR-15 goes viral after Florida mass shooting
- Brazil seeks extradition of man arrested for gun trafficking in Florida
- 'Naked and drunk couple tried to lure teen babysitter into bed after man sat on her lap'
- 'Wicked' man jailed for 18 years for role in organising gang violence
- Rogue gun dealer who supplied pistol used to murder Poplar man is facing jail today
- Source of ‘VIP sex abuse ring’ reports that sparked failed police probe is charged over child porn offences
- The man who wants to break up Spain
- Magaluf cops hunt rape suspect using photo found on victim’s phone after 19-year-old Brit woman is ‘lured to beach and gang-raped’
- How Israeli spies use 'state-sponsored assassinations' as a tool of war
- Moment wealthy ‘neighbour from hell’ attacks builder with her walking stick outside her £1million home in row over boundary
- Man charged with plotting terror attack ‘after buying knife and bomb-making guides in Birmingham’
- Man launches private court case against five cops who ‘attacked him in his home and staged a cover-up’
- Robert Mercer’s Secret Adventure as a New Mexico Cop
- What you need to know about gun laws and ownership in Italy
- Kinahan hitman nabbed in major crackdown had partner’s kids in car as he ordered gangland hit
Source: Man allegedly had assault rifle, firearm-making tools in Midland Beach home have 498 words, post on www.silive.com at January 9, 2019. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.