Scott McTominay has signed a new four-and-a-half year contract with Manchester United. The Scotland midfielder’s deal ties him to Old Trafford until June 2023 and includes an option on the club’s side to extend the arrangement by a further 12 months. McTominay, 22, broke into United’s first team at the back end of Jose Mourinho’s first season in charge and has made 33 appearances for the club. Several clubs have expressed interest in taking McTominay on loan this month for the remainder of the campaign but United’s caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is reluctant to let him go after Marouane Fellaini was ruled out for a month with a calf injury. The continuing uncertainty over Fellaini’s future, despite the Belgian’s injury, could also dictate that McTominay stays put for now. United will hope to follow the news by tying France forward Anthony Martial to a new five-year contract. “Scott is a young midfielder and is constantly improving,” Solskjaer said. “He’s an intelligent player and wants to learn all the time. There is no doubt that he has a bright future ahead of him.” Solskjaer is also thought to be wary of allowing Matteo Darmian to leave before the close of… Read full this story
- Jose Mourinho is ‘not confident’ De Gea will sign new Manchester United deal
- David De Gea reluctant to sign new Manchester United deal: report
- Luke Shaw happy to sign new Manchester United deal after 'odd four years'
- Luke Shaw close to signing new Man United deal
- David De Gea to commit to new Manchester United deal after criticism of his World Cup performances in Spain
- Luke Shaw getting a new Manchester United deal looked less likely than Jose Mourinho smiling last year
- Zinedine Zidane and club hero to form new Manchester United coaching ticket: Premier League transfer rumours
- Jose Mourinho Says He Wants 2 New Manchester United Signings in Transfer Window
- Luke Shaw signs new five-year deal at Manchester United to seal rehabilitation
- Jose Mourinho close to first summer signing as Manchester United trigger £17.5m clause for Porto defender Diogo Dalot
Scott McTominay signs new Manchester United deal until 2023 have 339 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at January 21, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.