The Austrian forward wrote in an Instagram post on Friday that he would remain with the Hammers until at least the end of the season and he has now gone a step further by extending his deal with the club. West Ham have not specified the length of Arnautovic’s new deal – he was previously contracted to the club until 2022 – but the 29-year-old has welcomed the news and rejected rumours he was seeking to force his way out. He said on the club’s official website: “I’m happy for this and I want to say to the fans that I’m happy to stay. “I’m glad to play again, show myself and score goals, to make assists, but also to say that the major point is Marko Arnautovic never refused (to play or train). I would never refuse. “I’m happy, I’m happy to come to this point. I’m happy that this club is improving. Step by step, every week, every month we are seeing some improvement and that’s good.” Arnautovic was the subject of a reported £35million bid from a Chinese club, thought to be Shanghai SIPG, and he admitted he had been tempted by the move. Manuel Pellegrini had… Read full this story
- West Ham look to avoid FA Cup banana skin at Wigan
- Paul Cook: Wigan win over weakened West Ham would not be a giant-killing
- West Ham come from behind to earn a point against Bournemouth
- Hart will be West Ham keeper at Shrewsbury
- Burke blast gives West Ham fans something to cheer about at last
- West Ham boss David Moyes to balance cup and league ambitions
- Moyes wants West Ham pair to maintain momentum
- Four-midable West Ham crush Huddersfield in style
- As Everton prepare to take on West Ham, we ask: Which Premier League club is in the most danger of relegation?
- FA Cup: Wigan Athletic 2 West Ham United 0
Marko Arnautovic commits to West Ham as they are given a lift after their shock FA Cup exit have 311 words, post on www.independent.ie at January 25, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.