Luton chairman David Wilkinson described the decision by Luton Borough Council to approve planning permission for the Hatters to build a new ground at Power Court as the ‘most important result in all our living memories.’ Last Wednesday, the council planning committee gave Town the green light for the 17,500 all-seated stadium and other mixed-use facilities at Power Court. Although thrilled by the outcome, with the Newlands Park decision to come, Wilkinson wasn’t getting carried away, as writing in his programme notes, he said: “We are delighted that after such an extensive and thorough process the committee have made such a momentous and historic decision for not only the club, but the town as a whole.”This is without a doubt the most important result in all our living memories.“However, it is too early to start celebrating, because the away leg is yet to come and we also need a positive result then to make it all happen.”On what needs to done to the land before Luton can even consider building a ground there, Wilkinson continued: “It has been largely derelict for over a dozen years, is contaminated due to its former uses, has the River Lea culverted under it and… Read full this story
- NA green-lights key military-related bills
- No Logo at 20: have we lost the battle against the total branding of our lives?
- Nuclear power’s last stand in California: Will Diablo Canyon die?
- Smiling Harvey Weinstein files motion to REMOVE judge from his rape trial after he threatened to jail him for texting in court as day two ends with a pool of 66 potential jurors
- What Is Memory?
- Japan issues arrest warrant for wife of ex-Nissan chairman Carlos Ghosn for 'lying to investigators'
- Samsung Gear Live Review and Giveaway
- Supreme Court to discuss same-sex wedding, contraceptives, electoral college, 2nd Amendment and Iran cases
- Supreme Court to hear on Friday Tata Sons' plea challenging NCLAT decision restoring Mistry as chairman
- Tata Sons to mention in SC plea against NCLAT decision restoring Cyrus Mistry as executive chairman
Luton chairman: Power Court green light is the ‘most important result in all our living memories’ have 334 words, post on www.lutontoday.co.uk at January 23, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.