This year’s Super Bowl will see Hyundai bringing some humor with a brand new commercial dubbed ‘The Elevator’, starring Jason Bateman and featuring the automaker’s Shopper Assurance program.
The 60-second ad sees Bateman as an elevator operator in a building “full of life’s best and worst experiences.” For example, you can step off the elevator on floors such as ‘Root Canal’, ‘Middle Seat’, and ‘The Talk’. Safe to say, none of them are very pleasant.
In the end, the ad circles back to Shopper Assurance, which is on a completely different floor than the rest. When the couple in search of a car arrive there courtesy of Mr Bateman’s elevator operating skills, they are greeted by their brand new Hyundai Palisade, a large three-row, eight-seater SUV, powered by a 291 HP 3.8-liter V6.
“We understand that shopping for a new car is typically something people don’t look forward to,” stated Hyundai USA marketing boss, Dean Evans. “However, our dealers are using Shopper Assurance as a north star in helping evolve and improve the retail experience. This year’s Super Bowl spot communicates the program in a fun, lighthearted way that viewers will relate to.”
Super Bowl LIII is scheduled to take place on Sunday, February 3 at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia. The game will feature the Los Angeles Rams taking on the New England Patriots.
- Bud locks up Super Bowl beer ads through 2014
- 10 Super Bowl commercials to watch
- Super Bowl much more than a game
- Super Bowl ads battle for championship
- Brrrr: Goodell, Mara talk about ’14 NJ Super Bowl
- Super Bowl XLVI blog from Indy
- Best Super Bowl XLVII commercials
- Reasons every team can win Super Bowl
- Super Bowl XLVI live blog
- 10 best-rated Super Bowl commercials